11: life gets better, right?

Time skip a week forward.

Y/Ns POV

I was getting ready for another day of being harassed by Gerard at school, when I heard my phone go off. It was Patrick. I hadn't spoken to him since gerard fought him.

I answered, obviously.

"Hey Patrick? What's up?"

"Hey sweetie. This isn't Patrick. This is his mom." She was sniffling. I can tell this is going to be bad.

"Oh, hey! Why are you calling from Patrick's phone? Where's Patrick?" I gritted my teeth with anxiety.

"That's why I'm calling."

".."

"Patrick killed himself."

As I heard that sentence, my life flashed before my eyes.

"w-what?!!"

I felt tears ball up.

"w- do- d- do you know why?"

"Well honey, it said in his note it's because of me and this kid who beat him up. He couldn't handle the stress. He said to let you know that he's leaving everything he owns to you."

I quickly hung up the phone and burst into tears, luckily I still had three hours before school. I had to go. If I didn't, I'd fall back into depression. I continued getting ready while still crying. Why me? Why leave everything to me? Doesn't he have siblings? As I was thinking, I saw it was almost 7. I rushed to school still in a daze, but hurried because school starts at 7:30.

When I got to first hour, Gerard sat next to me. I don't want to be harassed. Not today.

"Hey, sugar. How you been? You still look good." He was biting his lower lip, and I snapped. It definitely wasn't the day for this. I punched him. Clear in the throat. He was fine, he just had a bruise. "Oh god, Gerard! I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean- I really- today's just been hard and I really can't handle you today, okay? I'm sorry." I was kneeling over him, and he didn't even shed a tear.

He stood up, brushed himself off, and walked into the hall. I followed him, of course. He went to his locker and sat down, back facing his locker, and put his face into his palms. I walked up to him, sat down next to him, and put my head into his chest.

"Look, Gerard." He wouldn't look at me.

I grabbed his chin and made him look at me. "Did you hear what I said before you left?" He nodded yes, and I went into more context. "Today has been tough, okay? Just.. please don't say stuff like that. Not today, atleast." He blushed and I let him go. He looked back at me and asked, "Sugar, it's okay. Mind me asking, what happened? You don't have to answer bu-" I interrupted him by putting my index finger on his lips. They were quite soft, for a guy like him. "Well, Gerard, I started off the day getting ready-"

I proceed to tell him word for word what happened on the phone.

"Oh, my god, I'm so sorry. Do you need anything?" He asked, but I wasn't paying attention because of someone I saw walk up behind him.

Oh. My. God.