Chapter 6

The butterflies in my stomach begin to feel more like a stampede of elephants as we pull up to the school.

It's a massive, red brick building with a big grass area in front. I can just about make out the figures of students littered around the grass making the most of the beautiful weather. Honestly, it looks extremely posh.

Panic suddenly sets in. All of these students are probably loaded or at least their parents are. I'm not going to fit in here. I lived in a small place, it was just big enough for the two of us. Our neighbours also left a lot to be desired we used to have police officers calling at least one a week about a break in locally our singeing along those lines. 

I begin to feel homesick when I realise that there's probably as many students out here enjoying the sun as there were in my whole school back in Ireland.

"Well miss, what are you waiting for?" Vince asks with a smile. "Don't be nervous they'll love you, I know they will"

I put on my best fake smile (*James Bay*) and nod back at him, signalling I'm ready to go in.

As I walk alone the path through the grass, the first thing I notice is a group of guys all kicking a football around on the grass.

At least that answers one of my questions, it's definitely not an all girls school.

I tell Vince that he can leave me once he hands me a map and a bunch of sheets, which I'm guessing are timetables and things that the receptionist gave to him.

After a good bit of convincing on my part he eventually leaves and a begin to drag my bags to my new room, 204, which according to my map is about three floors above where I'm currently standing.

The corridors are strangely quiet, there must be something on right now. Too bad if I try and find a timetable in the bunch of sheets I got I'll probably drop everything. It'll just have to wait until I get to my room.

As I reach the door, I just drop my many bags in the hope that nothing breaks. I feel as if my arms are about to pop out fo their sockets from the weight of them. Eventually I manage to fish out the key in my back pocket and unlock the door.

It's a total mess. Like a bomb hit it. I've never seen a room this untidy and that's saying something because Mum used to mock me saying I lived in a pigsty.

Thinking of Mum gives me a heavy feeling in the pit of my stomach but I try and distract my thoughts. It's really not that hard looking at the state of this room.

I can just about make out the two old wooden wardrobes on the far wall, they're huge and both have towels draped over them. There are two single beds next to each other with bedside lockers in between.

The floor is covered in old pizza boxes and various jerseys which match the posters covering every inch of the wall. I guess my new roommate likes soccer. She has enough gear for a whole team anyway judging by our floor.

I carefully make my way to the wardrobes and open the nearest one, which turns out to be empty. I begin to unpack.

The wardrobes are so big all of my stuff only fills half. That's a good thing though because I can't reach any of the higher shelves. The disadvantages of being 5'2.

Debating whether to go in search potential friends or stay, I decide to stay and chill here for the evening considering it's already 10:30pm. I need a bit of time to work up some courage to try and make friends anyway.

I get into a pair of shorts and leave on the tank I was wearing. Not the most hygenic I know, but who cares I'll be having a shower first thing tomorrow anyway.

I set my alarm for 10 am because luckily there are no classes tomorrow. I fall asleep thinking about my new roommate, will we get on or be worst enemies? I've always wished I had a sister so who knows, she may even turn out to be better than a sister.