Love And Lost☽66☾

Start from the beginning

"I only mean to keep you from crossing a line you would most certainly regret."

"No, you meant to keep your precious upper hand. Don't you get it? Whatever I have to do, Klaus I will find a way to hurt you. You will never be safe, not as long as I am alive. You can call me family all you want, I am done being your friend." Marcel grabbed ahold of Klaus. "From this day forward, I am nothing less than your worst..." Suddenly Marcel's words were cut off and instead replaced with a grunt followed by a squishing noise. Klaus' eyes widen in shock and horror as he looked behind Marcel to see Elijah with Marvels heart in his hand. Marcel stumbled and fell over the bridge.

Klaus raced to the side of the bridge before he could even comprehend what he just saw. "No!" He screamed, watching Marcel's body splash into the water.

Klaus turned and glare at Elijah, who panted, holding Marcel's heart in his hand, absolutely horrified by what he had done.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Klaus and Elijah stood on the bank of the river just below the bridge by a little fire. Klaus' eyes stared intently into the flames of the fire as he spoke to Elijah.

"The current took him." He spoke plainly.

"Niklaus, I saw Freya's vision." He tried.

"What did you do. I could've talked him down. I could..."

"You could've what?" Elijah said, cutting him off. "You could've watched our family's extinction at the hands of Marcel Gerard."

"HE WAS ONE OF US!" He roared in rage.

"He despised us. Yes, he was our friend. Yes, he was our family. The moment Davina Claire was lost, he became our foe, and a formidable one at that. He was the leader of the Strix, entrusted with all our secrets and then, Klaus, we betrayed him. I had no choice." The noble man explained.

Klaus stepped toward him, looking him in the eyes before saying, "do you really believe that?" When Elijah couldn't answer, Klaus brushed past him, leaving Elijah alone.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel walked into her room to see Kol sitting on her bed waiting for her. "Kol."

He looked up at her and she gulped. He immediately stood up and took his hands in hers. "What's the matter, darling?"

"Elijah he... he killed Marcel. Took his heart right out. He said that he and Freya saw Marcel becoming our enemy." She teared up. "Everything is falling apart around us and I don't know what to do anymore. I cant keep doing this."

Kol cupped her face and stared into her eyes. "Calm down Bella. Deep breaths." He wiped at her cheek and gave her a small smile. "I know it's hard right now. But you got me and I'll always be here for you," he said just as Isabel launches herself into his arms and hugging him tight.

"Promise me you won't leave me again?" She asked. "Promise me."

He knew he couldn't promise her that. After dying two times he wasn't quite sure what would show up next to take them down. And now he knew he wasn't as invincible as he once thought. "I can promise you that I'll fight to stay by your side. Forever. But that's all I can promise, darling." He pulled back and locked eyes with her to show her the promise in his eyes. And he wasn't one to break his promises much like his oldest brother.

"I love you Kol." She told him. "So much. And I want to be with you."

Kol grinned down at her and immediately cupped her neck to pull her into a kiss.

Isabel pushed herself as close to him as possible. It felt incredible. To feel what she felt when kissing him was rare and she knew that. Despite the bond they formed through blood being the thing that connected them and caused her to want to be close it was all him that made her stay. Kol was her safety and her trouble. He's the one that had touched her in a type of way that she could never imagine even leaving him behind.

Once she pulled back she leaned her forehead against his and breathlessly said, "I have come to realize that no one here is truly immortal. Not even you." She looked into his eyes. "And I don't want to push you away I want to spend whatever of my life I can with you... Loving you."

"You have no idea how happy that makes me my darling wolf." He smiled slightly as she beamed up at him. He pulled her into a searing kiss and dipped her low.

After a moment she broke away and smiled at him. "What are you doing?"

Kol pulled her up and kept her in his arms. "Dancing with the love of my life. Under the stars."

She bit her lip to contain the smile. "But there is no music?"

"We don't need it." He led one of her hands over his heart. "This is the only beat we need."

Isabel let her eyes trail to where his heart lay and listened to the picked up rate it was beating at. Her eyes went back to his as she moved her hand to hold his, his right arm already securely wrapped around her waist. She leaned her head against his chest listening to his heartbeat as they danced.

Hey y'all! Some exciting news! I had my little boy Damian Todd Morris 11/26/22 and had taken a little break but he's ready to watch me write again :)

Here's us now and him with his Grogu