Chapter 2

As the door opened, I immediately lock eyes with him. They are so green, so deep, so breathtaking that I felt like I was going to collapse. My dad makes his way into their penthouse and shakes Mr. Styles' and Harry's hands. I do the same, trying to look professional and not like a girl who's having a crush.

Harry looked over at me and smirked, showcasing his dimples and perfect white teeth. I still remember the time he had braces and was ashamed to even talk. It was at the time we were all bestfriends. Those times are well past us though, and I worry we will never get them back, not even a flicker of those moments on our parent's yacht when we were playing tag and jumping in the deep waters as our mother's screamed for us to come back. 

I try snap out of the trance I induced and take a place at the big table in the middle of the dining room. It was very large, it had a lot of paintings and grey walls to contradict with the vibrant colors of the contemporary work from the Brooklyn gallery. They had family photos all around, but I noticed we were completely removed from their family shrine. It didn't surprise me but I figured they would cherish the moments we had.

The tension was building up as the adults starting chit chating. My dad has a very short temper so he will try to get the information out of this dinner fast. Why he invited us that is. I was curious myself if I am being honest. I looked over at Harry again. Trying to keep my eyes off of him is a sentence I will not punish myself with. Memories are flowing through my mind rapidly. So many memories. It gets overwhelming. Harry's dad asks him to give us a tour of his new room, as he redecorated it a few months back. With no protest, he gets up and guides us to his room. Phoebe looked curiously at me and I felt a spring of jealousy at the thought of her flirting with him. But I did not like Harry.

"So this is my room. I changed the furniture. Its no big deal but dad probably wanted us out of there."

"Do you know what business they are talking about?" phoebe asks too many questions, it sometimes gets innapropriate.

Harry looked irritated at that question. Even if he knew, he couldn't tell us. Phoebe was making chit chat with him while I was snooping around his books. I remembered he liked to read, and write. Especially music. He was talented, but he was never serious about it. He lacked that in most things he ever did.

When I touch a certain old ruffled book, Harry snaps at me. "Don't touch that one. And stop snooping too, Louis."

I felt my cheecks burn and my eyes widened in shock. I felt embarrassed and startled. I apologized and sat down next to Phoebe on his couch. He was checking his phone not even looking at us.

After a few horrible moments, I hear my dad shout. He was yelling our names, which meant it was our queue to leave.

When we entered the dining room, he was red in the face, pulling Miranda's coat on, signalling us to get out of this house.

The limo ride was silent, none of us daring to bring it up. Curious as I was, I figured staying silent was the wise choice. I felt bad that they didn't make up, as a a part of me wished our families reunited so I can spend more time with Harry. I know, this thought shocked me a bit too. I don't know what this is, why now. How?

I have so many questions. Does he? He didn't even look at me. How would he feel something about me too. He wasn't watching me like I was watching him. Recording my every move, mocking him just to be closer to his being. I wanted something to arouse him as it aroused me when we locked eyes. A spark, a flicker of hope.

We got home silently and we each went to our own bedrooms. When I checked my phone for the first time in a while, I see a message from Harry. My heart skips a beat when I read it.

'hey, its me Harry. Idk what happened with our parents. Do you? Dad is furious still.'

I read and reread his message for a thousand times. Why does he care? Maybe he has the same wish as me? A new reason to be next to each other?

'oi, I don't know either. Wanna find out or something?'

Was I chill? I kept wondering that while deciding if this is the right message, but I sent it anyways.

Waiting for his reply made me snacky, so I went to the kitchen where Phoebe was on the phone.

'Yea hahah, see you tomorrow at 8 then, pick me up. Love ya' she says flirtasiously. What about Harry?

I look at her wanting an explanation, but I refrain from asking one, as its not my business right now.

She goes to her room while giving me a side look and I take a bag of chips to my room. When I hear the chirp of the phone, I almost drop the chips and check the message immediately.

'see you tmmrw, 12pm for brunch. Ill tell u what I know'

Oh my god! I feel like a childish girl, but I love it. I have butterflies in my stomach, and even though I know I have to calm down, I still smile.

I know this is weird. I feel things I am not supposed to feel. But why? Is something wrong with me? Is something wrong with him, too?

With these thoughts in my head I end up falling asleep.