1;; The Photographer

The air was still heavy and foggy, it was really early. His breathes escaped rhythmically and harmonized with every step he took above the road he had memorized decades ago. His mind was wandering from one place to another, never staying still. His earphones hitted him lightly in the chest at the beat of the music playing. A day like any other. It wasn't boring. No it wasn't. Routine was good, wasn't it? wake up almost every day at the same time, with the same person, same bed, same coffee, same walk through the same streets, same work in the same bakery, same people buying the same order. No, he wasn't bored. What else could he want? He had everything, a work, a best friend, an interesting hobby and a beautiful partner. Yes, he was just overthinking, that's it, he always overthinked. But there was something he was not denying, whenever his routine was broken, when he did a creative photoshoot, when he went to a party on monday or even when a new customer arrived with curious eyes and without really knowing what to order, it felt good, so damn good and Harry never quite understood why.

The thoughts stopped only when he was interrupted by a little hand gripping his jumper. Harry unplugged his earphones and looked at his back coming out of his trance. A little girl with around 11 years was looking up at him, with big profound blue eyes. She was scared, he could tell by the way her hands tembreled. Harry furrowed and lowered his position to the girls'. "Are you ok?" He asked concerned for the little stranger in front of him.

"S-Sorry for bothering sir" The girl said with a notable stutter in her tone. "It's my first day going to school (I'm new here) and I think I got lost" Harry chuckled as he straightened up and started a trivial conversation while he led the girl to the school.

He had decided to do her company because there was this something in her eyes that reminded him of a feeling he had forgotten, that feeling of newness, of changing. She had this spark in her look that he used to have, but vanished a long time ago. Because everything was always the same in the calm and humid Holmes Chapel.

. . .

The day was a nice day, simple but good.

The 11 year-old girl's eyes was stuck in his head through all of the journey. It had been a calm day, Fridays were always calm. It's not like any of the other 6 days were exciting in the bakery. And while he thought of that, the look popped again in his mind. He didn't know yet what was going on in his mind lately, questioning everything all the time. Why couldn't he just conform with all the good things he owned?

When he parked the car in front of his flat he sighed of relief. He never did that, never. The last few months he started feeling like getting home was the only thing to look forward on regular days and it was concerning.

He liked his house, it was a regular sized british flat, but It had a little garden that you could enter from the side of the house. It had two tiers, the one from below was both kitchen and living room and on the second floor were the two rooms. Amanda was studying interior design and as Harry loved setting backgrounds for the photoshoots it was well organized and full of plants and a few rare things no one knows where Harry had found, for example his collection of animal skulls or the victorian furniture from centuries ago.

He opened the door of his house, he had done the grocery so his arms were full of bags that fell to the ground when a cheery brunet jumped over him like a 23-years-old child. Niall.

"Niall Damned Horan! There are bottles made of glass in those bags! You could've hurt someone!" He protested, but he didn't let go the adult that was now hanging from his arms in a bridal style mocking Harry in silence, who just sighed leaving his irish friend in the floor safely.

"Shut up old lady!" Harry rolled his eyes as they started picking up the bags from the floor. "Where's Amy?" Niall asked looking away.

"Don't really know, she left early this morning" Harry shrugged his arms, it was the first time that he thought of her since morning and his conversation with his own mind, his thoughts started to capture him so he jumped in his place when Niall shouted again with excitement. He was looking at his phone with amusement.