Death of Reginald Hargreeves

Em and Diego entered the house where the family was being held hostage, there were three intruders from what they could see, quietly they moved to the corridor encountering the first one, which Em took care of by breaking his neck, Diego smirked at the girl and they continued into the house. There was another man in the living room, Diego engaged, getting the attention of the third masked man.

"Who's there?" the man called, entering the living room.

Em surprised the man by punching him in the face before he could react she turned and kicked him on the side of the head, the man scrambled for his gun but she was faster and pulled a gun of her own from her belt, shooting him. Meanwhile, Diego kicked his guy onto the wall before throwing two of his knives at him, pinning the now dead man to the wall.

"Nice work," Diego said, slapping Em's ass and she rolled her eyes at him.

"Your family is now safe," she told the family calmly while Diego retrieved his knives.

"Breaking News!" the TV announced getting the attention of them both. "We're going now live to a breaking story, police reported the death of the most eccentric and reclusive billionaire; Reginald Hargreeves."

Em looked worriedly at Diego, giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze.

"What are you thinking?" Em asked once they were out of the house.

"Looks like you're gonna be meeting the family," Diego stated calmly. "If it's ok with you I mean," he added quietly.

"Diego, if you want me there, I will be there," she reassured him firmly. "Look at me, are you alright?" she held his arm to stop him from walking and made him turn to her.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he said unconvincingly, Em stared at him for a moment before pulling him into a hug. "I just, I need you, please," he whispered, hugging her back.

"I'm right here babe and I'm not going anywhere, don't worry," she said softly, pulling away to look at him, he was calmer.

"I love you," Diego said, pecking her lips softly.

"I love you too," Em said smiling. "So, what now?"

"I need to get my hands on the coroner's report, then we go home get our things, and head to the Academy," Diego said pensively.

"Sounds like a plan," Em said nodding. "I'm gonna be meeting your family wearing this, aren't I?" she asked, pursing her lips, looking at her leather outfit.

She was wearing high-waisted black leather pants, black combat boots and her black leather top was sleeveless with a choker neckline, an oval cut showing her cleavage and showed her midriff. Besides the guns and clips strapped to her hips, the knives hidden inside her boots and the mask she had matching Diego's.

"What's wrong with it?" Diego asked, analyzing her body in the clothes. "Besides the fact that you're wearing too many layers," he added with a wink.

"Let's just go," Em said, shaking her head and walking.