→xiv. finale

After packing an overnight bag, and making sure you didn't forget anything behind--you gave a warm, "see you in two days!" into the house and walked off to school.

The day of a trip was always exciting, out of the ordinary, something new to the everyday routine. Waking up, going to your locker, sitting through classes. It got boring easily, and the nerves and anticipation of a bus ride to somewhere unexplored was always welcome.

You walked up to Betty and Michelle with a smile as they waited by the bus with the rest of your classmates, shortly after Ned had joined the three of you--giving Betty a kiss to her cheek.

"Are we all excited?" He asked gleefully, to which the group all nodded.

"Is Peter not coming?" You tried cautiously, casually, and Ned nodded quickly. He didn't comment on the fact it was you asking, instead telling the group that he just got a text and Peter was on his way.

The bus ride was long, almost two hours, and Flash had made a point of putting on his dreadful music through the bus speakers, and Michelle was too engrossed in her phone to talk to you, and all you could do was glance over at Peter every few minutes.

Him and Ned were watching something on the latter's phone, and you wanted to ask what it was--what was so funny, but you didn't.

Instead, you put your headphones in and watched the mundane scenery pass you by.

*

After three guest speakers telling the class all about the great city of Philadelphia and the Liberty Bell and all sorts of things, you were finally shown to your rooms.

Mr. Harrington made a point of checking where the boys were sleeping, and reminding everyone of acceptable boundaries--before recalling a story from his youth none of you wanted to hear. After an awkward mumble and a goodbye, he was out of your room--and the group of you turned to each other with a smile.

"I'm so excited, this is going to be the best slumber party ever!" Betty announced, before she took out all the sweets she brought in her bag and sat down on the floor. With a lift of her brows, she ordered everyone to join her--and you quickly did.

"We can play games," Ned said happily, smiling wide at the others' faces. You nodded, Michelle simply shrugged, and Peter didn't say a word.

"What kind of games?"

"There's the classic, truth or dare," Betty recited.

"We're not ten," you rolled your eyes, and Betty nodded heavily before she said, "two lies, one truth?"

"Yes," Michelle said eagerly. The group all turned to look at her, MJ was the last person you'd expect to be on board with silly games but she was trying--she just wanted her friends to sit on the floor of the crappy hostel they were staying at and play dumb games. Sometimes, Michelle didn't want to be all that serious.

"I'll start!" Ned said. He took a moment to think before he said, "I've haven't seen the new Star Wars, my mum has an extra arm, and I don't know how to make a cake."

Everyone giggled, said it was obvious he couldn't bake and Ned exclaimed loudly.

"Fooled you! The new Star Wars hasn't even come out yet!"

Groans followed his triumphing cheer, and Michelle lifted her hand slightly.

"I want to go next!" And Betty nodded at her simply, urging her to speak. "Ok. I've read Pride and Prejudice twice in one day, I wear two different shoe sizes, and I can speak German fluently."

You all looked at each other curiously, all of those facts seemed completely plausible--and it was Peter who said, "I went shoe shopping with you, that one's true."