Chapter 18

Chapter 18

DYLAN’S POV

I felt hollow. I questioned everything I thought I knew, especially my parents. Why had they left me again? I heard chains rattling and a fuzzy feeling on my hand, but the world had blurred itself out. I couldn’t care less about anything anymore. Maybe being locked up in here could be a good thing, maybe I’d be closer to my death.

My head fell to the side as I saw Eliza lying next to me. Her entire face was wet with tears and her chest rose and fell rapidly.  In a haze behind her face, I saw a woman bound in chains. Her face glistened in the light. Small whispers found my ears as Eliza nudged my hand, searching me for help. I gave her a blank stare. I was just so tired.

ELIZA’S POV

A clattering of chains snapped my instincts back to life. Dylan’s mum was down to her knees, head hung low. Her dark mass of hair fell forward. She whimpered.  Emerging from the darkness, Alberheim elegantly padded forward, a long metal bar still clasped in his hand. I looked between him and his victim.  After a twist of his head, he kicked her to the ground as a smile eased its way onto his slender face.  A thud of body on ground shook a gasp out of Dylan as a single tear trickled down his cheek.

“This is what happens when forget where our loyalties lie” Alberheim hoarsely whispered. A deep growl of laughter made way in his throat as he padded over to us. Dylan was still. He made no attempt of edging away from our captor like I did, but my weakness was noticed. Alberheim stopped in his tracks and turned his head sharply to me.

I felt his vile gaze over me like a lion does to its fresh prey.  Stretching out a bony finger, he caressed my cheek gently with my greatest displeasure. “What’s the matter my dearest?” He hissed, mocking me with his fake kindness.  I shrivelled away beneath him as his pointed nail tickled the side of my face.  I looked to Dylan for some help in the situation, but still he left me and turned his attention back to the shadowed ceiling overhead.

A loud droning startled me from my shell of fear; even Dylan broke from his trance. It took me several moments to realise, my shackles had been released. Delight filled me up. I was free! But the look of the villain standing before me only flooded fear back into my system. The most wicked grin he had was dancing on his face as his eyes glistened.

Dylan had come to life, staring between Alberheim and me, desperately shaking at his shackles for release. A loud sobbing from the bruised woman below me had filled the dank room, and panic rose within me.

Still clutching the metal pole, Alberheim advanced to the slab I was crumpled up on. After almost running at me, he harshly grabbed my one wrist with his free hand and easily threw me against the opposite wall.

I heard Dylan screaming out my name, but all sound was clouded in my ears. As I slumped down the wall, my breath caught every time I inhaled and my ribs tightened. Wiping away the blood from my broken nose, I took in my surroundings. I was regaining consciousness but my brain wasn’t focussing on the reality in front of me.

My name was being called all around me, but it was merely a whisper. I imagined the small scrapes of metal chains at the back of my brain to be Dylan’s shackles as he begged for freedom to help. As my head loped down to my chest, my vision became blurry. I crumbled down to all fours and threw my neck backwards. My eyes finally fixed at the worst possible time. Clutching the same wrist, my worst nightmare dragged me through the dank room and tossed me into the cage Dylan’s parents had been contained in.

Dylan’s screams now became clear and filled my mind. His mother still wailed on the floor, only a few feet away from me. Alberheim stood over me, blocking out most of the light in the room. His arm raised, metal pole in hand. He focussed in, aiming for my face. I knew what was going to happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N dont forget to comment/vote/fan of you enjoyed this chapter :D

dont forget to vote comment and follow :)