"Tyler, charger. please."

"it's right next to you," the man's eyes never left the tv screen making symere frown. he had messed up big time if he managed to bring out nonchalant tyler. "Oh and by the way, you don't need to send out the invo's. robyn sent them all out last week since we knew you wouldn't be able to do it on time."

Symere let out a pained yet relieved sigh. it was nice to know tyler had his back but it still hurt symere's ego once he learned his best friend couldn't really rely on him.

"Don't think too much about it, sy." Tyler started as he turned to face the man. "I know you've got your hands full and it was kinda mean of me to give you more work when you've already got enough on your plate. It's fine."

symere gave the man a weak smile in return, his ego obviously bruised, but he didn't say anything. Tyler was right. He had a lot on his plate and he couldn't afford to take on something so important like a wedding and mess that up too.

"Thanks t."

Tyler sent the man a reassuring grin and a small shoulder squeeze before turning his attention back to the tv. "Wanna watch some housewives drag each other by they wigs?"

Symere let out a small chuckle giving Tyler all the confirmation he needed. Tyler didn't hesitate to run off to his room to grab his lap top leaving his short friend for a moment.

The dreadhead didn't hesitate to grab his phone and quickly check the guest list out of slight boredom and curiosity. Even though tyler sent the list to the man over a month ago he only took a glance at it during one of his lectures before his phone died on him. This would his first time looking at the list properly without his device dying on him.

symere clicked on the file Tyler sent him and began to scroll, smiling at the names and people he knew and staring at the names he didn't know in confusion, slightly dismissing them as rakim's family and friends since he didn't really know them.

The man was half way down the list when a name he knew so well appeared on his screen. jordan carter.

symere let out a small chuckle. jordan carter. it couldn't possibly his jordan carter. right?

the small man rubbed his eyes before squinting down at his screen, re-reading the name over and over and...how many jordan carter's existed? there must be more than one, surely?

It couldn't be the same jordan carter he went out with for four years. it couldn't be the same jordan carter that fucked him senseless one night and then managed to disappear off the face of the fucking earth with no explanation or anything, right?

it couldn't be jordan.

the jordan that abandoned him.

it couldn't be.

symere turned off his phone before switching it back on instantly and accessing the file and landing on the name.

jordan carter.

yeah, it couldn't be the same jordan carter that broke his heart unexpectedly and left Tyler and symere to pick up the pieces. It's definitely not the same jordan carter that symere fell deeply in love with. not the jordan carter that left him five years ago. It's not him. it just can't be. right?

"sy are you good?" symere turned to look at tyler who was now standing next to rakim who was clothed in a black suit, obviously just returning from work.

"you've been staring at the ceiling for like 5 straight minutes. Is everything fine?" Rakim asked a worried look plastered onto his face.

symere swallowed as he continued to stare at the couple, his eyes dry but his heart yelling, screaming thrashing around in his ribcage.

"jordan carter?"

the couple turned to stare at each mirroring each others confused stares. "Yeah..what about jordan?" Rakim prodded, he had no idea what was going on.

Symere could barely breathe now, let alone string a sentence together so he just repeated himself, this time with all the irritation he could muster, which really ended up sounding like despair.

Tyler only blinked before it dawned on him. he turned to his partner and mouthed the words 'holy fucking shit' quite unsuccessfully, a silver of his words slightly audible.

"fuck, this is bad." rakim pulled off his blazer before slowly lowering himself onto the coffee table, right in front of symere.

"Tyler, get the kettle going and grab the jasmine tea."

the man nodded and darted into the kitchen leaving rakim with a dazed symere.

"Is it..him?" symere found himself asking as his eyes focused on the ceiling fan above him.

rakim simply couldn't muster up an answer but it seemed like symere already knew it.

this time symere couldn't hold the tears back.

- just part one for my lil oneshot playboiuzi/ asaptyler series i got going on :)-