Mother Trucker☽61☾

Start from the beginning

Hollis walks toward the bar, affectionately patting the bartender on the shoulder. "I got this," he said. He then turned to Isabel with a small smile. "It's been a long time since I've seen Hayley Marshall. How's she doing?"

"She's been good. Wild as ever. But listen Hayley said that you're a nice guy and could help us. These are my kids." She gestured to the three while Klaus sighed in annoyance.

"Oh, look at them so precious! And you got yourself city boy, huh?"

Klaus sat down on one of the bar stools with Hope and responded in a mocking tone. "Never underestimate the allure of indoor plumbing."

"Hollis, this is Klaus. He's my..." she looked awkward for a moment. "..Second daughter's father. It's a long story." Klaus raised his brow with a small smirk as Hollis looked him over. "Anyway we just... need a place to lay low for a bit."

Hollis looked a little hesitant at the request but smiled anyway. Hayley had been a good friend.

"You picked a pretty rough time for us around here. A lot of folks are giving up on the pack altogether." Isabel gave him a concerned look, and he nervously rubbed his face with his hand before he continued. "Well, it's not everyday you meet the crescent queen. I just wish there were a few more people to give you a warm welcome."

"How'd you know?" Isabel asked curiously.

"Word travels around here every once in a while and it's hard not to pick up on the wolf queen finding her pack.

Isabel nodded, a light blue across her cheeks. "Ah." She turned and looked around the bar at people drinking and playing pool as Hollis pulled out two mason jars and placed them on the bar in front of Isabel and Klaus.

"Hey, you guys settle in. I'll pour the moonshine. Baby drinks for free." Hollis poured moonshine from a larger mason jar into their glasses, and Klaus seemed extremely uncomfortable by the deep-country atmosphere.

≪≫•≪≫•≪≫

Isabel drank her moonshine while she nicely listen to Klaus complain about their hide-out.

"I'm quite sure this glass hasn't been washed in the past decade, which makes it the cleanest thing in this establishment."

"And you have complained about a hundred times in the last hour. Congrats. You are officially the worst."

"I seem to remember you knocking on my door to join this little road trip. No one had a gun to your head. What was it... couldn't bear to spend too long being near Kol?"

Isabel narrowed her eyes at him, unamused. "That is none of your business."

"Right. It's only my brother and the mother of my daughter in my house in -oh, yes- my city!"

"It's funny. It's almost like you're making this all about you."

Just then, Hollis walked over to the bar, looking overwhelmed and worried. "Isabel? If you're trying to be discreet... Start by turning down the volume on the lover's spat."

Isabel noticed the worry and furrowed her brows. "Is everything okay?"

"Someone tried to rob the Gas 'n' Save down by the highway. A little girl Hayley babysat- Kayla was there. I heard it went back for the bad guy."