boy crazy stacey.

Start from the beginning

Mary Ann thought for a second.

"Pretty good!"

"How did Sam take it when you told him you were leaving?" Stacey asked.

"Why are you leaving again?" Sam asked, while we sat on the sidewalk eating ice cream.

"Because it's a good babysitting job, dude!" I told him, my mouth full of ice cream.

"If you say so..." he whispered.

"What was that, Sam Thomas?" I threatened playfully.

"What? Hm? I didn't say anything..." he defended.

"You sure about that?" I laughed.

The afternoon went on with us laughing on the sidewalk, eating ice cream.

"Really good." I smiled.

"What about your mom and sister?" Dawn asked.

"Why are you leaving me?" Louise asked.

"Because I have to babysit for the Pikes!" I told her, closing my suitcase.

"No no no! Take me with you!" Louise argued.

"No." I told her.

She groaned and leaned back on my bed.

••••

"Sea City?" My mom asked, placing her big black glasses on the tip of her nose.

"Yeah! I think it would be awesome." I smiled, sitting in front of her desk in her office.

"I-It looks fine to me." She smiled.

"Really good too." I whispered.

"What's with the sad face? You're going to Sea City!" Kristy encouraged.

"I know! I know. It's just...my moms been off a little bit. Ever since Mimi came out of the hospital." I told the club.

"Could she be seeing someone?" Dawn asked.

"No! No." I laughed, "my mom? No. She would tell me if she was seeing someone."

"Now that I think of it, yeah. Lola has been off a little." Claudia pointed out.

I nodded.

"Maybe you'll find out later." Stacey smiled.

"My dad made me only get one pieces, which made him feel like he was, again, exerting some measure of control." Mary Ann told us.

"We'll go bikini shopping on our night off. It'll be our chance to bond!" Stacey told Mary Ann.

"YOU'RE going bikini shopping. I have my own. I have to go shopping for some gifts I promised to get." I scoffed.

"Of course." Kristy smiled.

"I'm so jealous! You guys get to go on a glamorous business trip while I'm gonna be stuck in boring Vermont." Claudia bickered.