Chapter III: New Girl

Start from the beginning

Once again, I do apologize for not telling you that I was dating your brother. Like most important news, we wanted to tell you in person. I hope you can find it somewhere in your heart to forgive me.

How are you, Newton? Are you eating well? Taking care of yourself? (Your creatures are not the only ones that need care). If not, I'll go and take care of you myself, like the old days- AFTER I scold you.

Also, this may be a bit soon, but Theseus and I are still willing to meet up for tea. Let me know when you're available.

With Love,

(Y/N)

Of course, he'd forgiven her. He'd done so the moment she left him alone in the hallway. And scold him? Who was she, Victoria?

Newt let out a soft chuckle as he set down her letter in a box. This box contained every memento he had of (Y/N)- from photos, to letters, to news clippings. "I'll always forgive you..."

•✦.✧.🔎.✧.✦•

Theseus was a bit skeptical when (Y/N) decided to visit Newton a Saturday. Not that he didn't trust her or Newt. It was out of the blue. For a year they hadn't been in correspondence, but now they were acting as if they were never apart?

~*~*~

Newt and (Y/N) spent most of the day in his case. The hours ticked by as he introduced her to all the creatures he'd written about in his letters.

"Mummy's here..." He cooed as he showed her the occamys.

(Y/N) giggled, "You're their mummy?"

"Of course I am. Being a single parent is hard!" He huffed.

(Y/N) thought for a moment, then an idea popped into her head. "Then as your best friend, I get daddy rights." She claimed.

"Y-You can't do that!"

"Too late, Mr. Scamander. It's decided."

"Says who?"

"Says Pickett!" She replied, a smirk tugging at the corner of her lips.

Newt frantically looked around his coat. He patted it, trying to find his beloved Bowtruckle. "Pickett?"

Her smirk turned into a soft smile. "Come on out, Pickett. Or your mum will get a heart attack." She whispered to the creature hiding in her coat pocket.

Pickett crawled out of her pocket and rested on (Y/N) shoulder. He chirped, making Newt look up.

Newt let out a sigh of relief, "Pickett, don't scare me like that..." He looked at (Y/N), "Consider yourself lucky, he never leaves my side. Commitment issues."

(Y/N) looked at Pickett in awe as he crawled onto her hand, holding onto her pointer finger. "Don't worry. I won't leave you..."

~*~*~

That day, Theseus had a meeting with Travers and Victoria. Before the meeting, he asked Victoria if this was normal and she explained that this is how they were. They could spend years apart but put them in the same room and they'd act as if they never were. By letter or being there in person, their friendship was set in stone.