the one with the felix felicis

“I feel like I'm always
running to catch a train
and I never quite
make it.”

WHEN I REACHED compartment C, I was met by a really weird group of people. Harry was standing in a corner with Neville and Ginny. McLaggen and Belby stood next to a very awkward Blaise, who looked particularly happy to see me.

"Oh, thank God," Blaise said, huddling upto me.

"Ah, Ms Firegold," Slughorn said, motioning me to sit down. I looked around, and decided to sit between Harry and Blaise.

"Where were you?" Blaise asked quietly as Slughorn started talking to Belby. "Potter said Shut up Zabini when I asked him."

"I was with Draco," I said.

"You were with who now?" Harry hissed.

"Draco."

"What were you doing with Draco?"

I stared at him blandly for a moment before lowering my collar a little to show him the hickey. I smirked at the flush Harry had gotten on his face. "This should do to keep you from asking about Draco all the time."

The rest of the supper, Harry didn't ask me anything more. Slughorn said how Blaise's mother was exceptionally beautiful. I had to add something so people saw Blaise for who he is and not that he's just famous for his mother.

"He's particularly gifted at healing potions, professor. Charms as well," I said.

"You seem to know him well, Ms Firegold," Slughorn said looking at me.

"We're good friends, Professor," I said.

"And as for you Ms Firegold," he said. "What do you have an aptitude for?"

"I'm not sure actually," I said. "I love magic. I had nine OWLs this year, that meaning I really do care about my education. But what do I have a particular affinity for? I'm not sure."

Slughorn looked at me pointedly before smiling and moving on to Harry.

I spent the rest of the journey with Ron and Hermione. Harry had gone off behind Blaise, under his cloak, and for once I didn't feel like stopping him or saving him. I felt he sort of deserved a broken nose for incessantly stalking Draco and feeling like he had it in for him. I let him go. When we arrived at Hogsmeade Station, I saw Draco get down, dressed in his freshly ironed Slytherin outfit, his cloak floated behind him as he swiftly walked away. I took a glance at Tonks who was staring after him wistfully.

"Hey," I said. She snapped towards me. "I thinking Harry is still in the train. He went to follow Malfoy in the Slytherin compartment. I haven't seen him since. Can you check on him, please?"

"Oh," she said, still looking where Draco was standing before. "Sure."

She left without another word, as I made my way in. They were checking everyone's luggages and cloaks for extra security.

Once we made past that, I walked in, straight into the Great Hall where everyone was seated.

"Where's Harry?" Ginny asked.

"He's coming," I said. "I sent Tonks to get him."

The feast had appeared. Through the corner of my eye, I saw Draco hatefully pick at the food. And then I noticed the rubies in the Gryffindor hourglass tinking. Harry had lost seventy points for lateness and no uniform.