𝟏𝟐.

CHAPTER TWELVE: MY HEART CHURNS

CHAPTER TWELVE: MY HEART CHURNS..!
( JUNE 8 2020... ) ⤷ ع˖⁺ ⛓⋆ ୭ 💥.⋆。⋆༶⋆˙⊹!
TW!mature language

savana parked her jeep in the driveway, collecting her stuff in her hands before stepping out of the vehicle

savana parked her jeep in the driveway, collecting her stuff in her hands before stepping out of the vehicle. jaden followed her along the sidewalk and up the small walkway to the porch of the beach house.

jaden loved savana's house to simply put it. when he first came over to her house, he had immediately noticed how accepting their propaganda made the house seem. always a pride flag flying from the flag pole, always multiple leftist signs stuck in the grass next to the flowers, always a new welcome mat every month. he just felt cozy here, and he'd spent countless hours hanging out on the porch.

as savana pushed open the door to her house, jaden looked down. he smiled at the fo-wicker mar. "Welcome, unless you're racist." it read.

jaden kicked off his shoes as he stepped inside, on the plastic mat that held various different styles of shoes. savana flicked off her sandals and walked into the kitchen.

their house was small and open-concept. and it definitely was not up to date nor style. jaden liked it though, they did a good job filling the house with furniture that matched the vibe. jaden couldnt imagine any other group living here beside savana and her friends.

savana smiled as jaden sat down on the couch next to luka and started a conversation with the boy. sav just wanted her favorite boys to be friends again.

"how was your night with jaden?" anastasia asked her blonde friend, ripping the bag of microwave popcorn from the corner.

savana bent down to fetch a bowl from the cabinet, "nothing even happened. i slept on the couch and he slept in his bed."

luka, stassie, and savana were all accepting of jaden and josh's decision to move out the sway house. savana was glad that he would hopefully be farther away from the drugs, alcohol, and endless partying.

the trio helped josh and jaden move into their new apartment the day before, but savana decided to sleep over just because she was already too exhausted. stass and luka left soon after she fell asleep.

"why do i doubt that?" anastasia asked, taking the bowl from savana hands, "i mean, why do i doubt nothing happened between you two."

"we only kissed that one time. who knows, maybe he thinks it was just a heat of the moment accident." savana sighed, setting her elbows on the countertop.

"are you kidding?" stass whispered to her, harshly, "jaden is over here for a movie night and is talking to luka. that's almost a miracle! they hate each other."

savana watched as stass dumped the popcorn into the bowl, making the air smell of fake butter. savana knew stass was right, jaden was only here to prove to her that he was in this once again. what changed from their breakup to now?

"jaden doesn't hate luka." savana fought back, looking to stass. the brown haired girl made a face at her best friend as she struggled to not drop any of the white puffs.

stass planted both her hands on opposite sides of the popcorn bowl, "you'll never know what jaden wants unless you make the first move yourself."

savana bent her head back and let out a groan, "i hate when you're right!"

stassie laughed, picked up the bowl, and sat next to luka, throwing her feet on the coffee table. she placed the bowl down, but jaden immediately picked it up. throwing a piece of popcorn into his mouth jaden mumbled, "what're we watching?"

"nothing colson is in." luka joked as savana smooshed in between him and jaden.

stassie handed luka the remote as she collected two blankets, and threw one to savana and gave the blonde a wink. savana rolled her eyes.

covering both jaden and her legs with the fuzzy blanket, jaden popped up the recliner to their side of the couch. savana threw her legs next to jaden's as she grabbed a handful of popcorn.

luka picked a scary murder mystery movie, not a suprise to any of the group. stassie always put up a hard, tough outside but her weakness was scary movies. she was tucked in luka's sweatshirt arm, squealing at the jump scares. luka didn't mind, he just let her cuddle into him and complain words of profanity.

jaden didn't mean to get so close to savana during the night. but their bodies just gravitated towards one another. their legs were mangled together and his body became a pillow for her head.

savana felt as if she would explode. she'd dreamed and cried about this feeling since jaden left her. she felt so safe and comfortable in his arms, like this was where she was meant to be. she wanted to sob at the realization. maybe fate brought jaden to jail. maybe it was the world screaming in their faces, 'you two are soulmates, get it together!'. she pulled his body closer to hers.

anastasia was right about making the move first. if savana hadn't, she wouldn't be feeling the fluttering inside her stomach and what felt like her heart was churning with excitement and love. savana cursed to herself, stass was always right about boys.

jaden was feeling the same familiar emotion of peace but also the nervous love in the pit of his stomach. he grinned when she snuggled closer into his sweatshirt and pulled their bodies even further together. his hands attracted to her hair as he pushed a few lose strands back into their rightful place behind her ear.

she looked at him and a wave of love splashed over his body. like he was being engulfed in a blanket of forgiveness and compassion. he couldn't imagine being with anybody else. savana was handcrafted by God himself, just for jaden. why the hell did he fuck this up?

he leant down and pecked her lips for a moment. she grinned wider when they pulled apart.

"ew!" luka commented, playfully covering anastasia's eyes with his hand as the girl giggled.

"that's by far the scariest shit i've seen all night!" stassie played along.

jaden blushed, savana laughed. she just put her head back on his chest and closed her eyes, breathing in the scent of everything she'd missed.

JORDAN SPEAKS..!
i hate this chapter.
colson book coming soon😝! also would y'all like it if i made an "imagines" part to this book. like i write about savana, her friends and jaden but just cute lil moments. idk i just love these characters so much🥺 anyways drink some water and change ur tampon❤️
— HI ITS IZ HERE,,,, I LOVE THIS CHAPTER IDC WHAT JORDAN SAYS. BITCH YOUR WRITING IS STUNNING STFU, ANYWHO I LOVE YOU BYE

word count: 1148
written: august 11, 2020
published: august 12, 2020