Chapter 1~ Encounter

Chronostasis~ Chapter 1

Today started off like any other day. Wake up at 7:00, take a shower, get dressed, go downstairs, have coffee and eat breakfast, and go to work. Y/n L/n had a fairly normal life. She didn't cause trouble, she followed the rules like any ordinary human, she had a fairly good paying job and she worked hard. As she stepped out of the door she could feel the chill in the air. It was only September, but it was already starting to get colder outside. She walked to the daycare, seeing as it was only about 15 minutes away, and despite the chilly weather it was still a beautiful day. She wore her usual attire, white button up tucked neatly into some midrise blue jeans with a few buttons undone for comfort, a black suede coat, and black ankle boots. Y/n walked into the daycare center, set her stuff down, took off her coat and got to work. "Ms. Y/n!!" Her kids ran up to her, some giving her hugs, while others just smiled and said their good mornings. "*giggle* Good morning kids! Did everyone have a nice weekend?" There was a whole bunch of 'yeah!', 'uh-huh' 'How about you Ms. Y/n?' "Okay then, how about we all sit on the mat and take turns telling everyone about our weekends?"

~Meanwhile in the Shie Hassaikai~

"You called for me boss?" Chrono stated as he entered his boss' office. "This is unofficial business Kurono, no need to be so formal." Kurono internally sighed in bliss. Being the Second in command of the Shie Hassaikai had its perks, no doubt about that, but having to serve directly under you best friend? Yeah that was rough. Kurono took off his mask, Overhaul had known him long enough, he didn't mind as long as they were alone and he wasn't sick. "So what did you need Kai?" Kai stood up, walking over to the couches and waving Chrono over as well. The two sat down and continued to speak. "Its about Eri, I want you to find a care taker for her." (This is where I change things up. In this world, Eri isn't being experimented on *at least not yet* so Pops will be in this *yay!*. But, Kai was still tasked with taking care of her, but Kai doesn't really know what THE HECK to do with a kid, so Chrono takes care of her most of the time. I'm also making it so that Eri calls chrono dad, because I think its FREAKING ADORABLE and I can) Chrono seemed surprised at this. Since they had been taking care of Eri, Kai had always just pushed her onto Chrono. "What do you mean?" "I mean she needs a female caretaker as well as you as her male one, I don't know if you've noticed, but there's not exactly a strong female presence in the Hassaikai. And if we want her to grow up as normal as she can, she should have at least one female caretaker to look up to." Chrono seemed to think about it. I mean, it made since. Sure, he took care of her, treated her like his own even, but especially after what she had been through with her mother, she needed a loving maternal figure to help her (*cough cough* help him). Having a female around would also make the *ahem* teen years easier...Fewer uncomfortable discussions for him! "Seems fair enough...But uh..Kai?" "Yes Kurono?" There was a moment of silence. "How exactly are we going to get a caretaker? We can't exactly post an ad on craigslist." Overhaul seemed deep in thought for two whole seconds, until "Simple, take one." "...What?" "Do I really have to repeat myself? We'll take Eri to the park, find a suitable candidate and we'll bring her back here." "Seems reasonable, and if she refuses to come?" "I guess we'll just have to be convincing. Strike up an average conversation, entice her here. I don't care, just get her here." Chrono simply nodded, stood up, and started to leave. "Alrighty boss, you got it. You ready to head out now?" "Yes, let's get this done...I hate the park." With that Chrono left Kai's office and made his way to Eri's room. It was around 8:30, so she should be up, and if she isn't, she needs to be. Chrono walked into Eri's room. "Eri, it's time to get up" He softly said as he made his way over to her bed and softly sat down on the edge. Eri made some sleepy noises, sat up, stretched and yawned, sleepily looking around. "Good morning" He said as he ruffled her bed headed hair. "*yawn* Good morning daddy..." She trailed off, trying to rub the sleepiness out of her eyes. "Lets get you dressed and fed, today we're going to the park." Any sleep left in the young girl seemingly disappeared as she heard 'fed' and 'park'. Chrono chuckled, and stood up making his way to the door. "Um..daddy?" "Hm?" He smiled at being called 'daddy' when she was little she couldn't exactly pronounce 'Kurono' and he didn't even try with 'Chronostasis' so Kai said for her to just call him 'dad', one less responsibility for him, and it provided good cover. "Could you help me pick out what to wear..? And help me with my hair?" She timidly asked, looking at the floor. Eri didn't exactly have the greatest start in life, after accidentally rewinding her father and being abandoned by her mother, she was practically thrown into the arms of the Shie Hassaikai. Specifically into the arms of Chrono. Don't get me wrong! He tried his best he really did! But being abandoned by his own parents and a gangster, he didn't exactly know HOW to be a 'dad'. He smiled. Despite the extra work it entailed, he truly didn't mind taking care of her, he was just still learning. "Well, I can't promise much for the hair...but the outfit I can do." All in all, he enjoyed being her caretaker. It provided him an escape from the Yakuza. Being able to drop the cold façade and get to be his natural goofball self felt good. "Alright, what'll it be today kiddo?" Eri looked into her closet, seemingly deep in thought. "Uh...uhm...that!" She pointed to a light blue jumper with a pink sweater to wear underneath. "You got it." After getting Eri dressed, he sat her down on the bed to attempt to do her hair. He brushed out her long blue-white locks, pulled back a couple strand with a bow and bam, a hairstyle a six year old will at least tolerate. "Ready for breakfast?" Eri speedily nodded her head. Chrono chuckled. "Alright then, lets get you some food." Chrono and Eri headed to the kitchen, Eri sat down at the table and Chrono headed to the fridge. 'So, what'll it be?" Eri thought for a minute. "Apples." "Again? But you had apples yesterday?" "I know...but I really want apples." He just smiled, "Whatever you say crackhead." She simply pouted at the nickname and crossed her small arms. Chrono cut up the apple into slices, and gave the plate to Eri, the little girl's 'tough' demeanor instantaneously dropping as she saw the red fruit. Eri ate breakfast, and Chrono, Overhaul, Nemoto and Eri made their way to the park. So as not to arise suspicion the three Yakuza members were dressed in casual clothes. Chrono wore a white hoodie with blue jeans and white sneakers, Overhaul wore a black button up with black slacks and white sneakers along with a black winter coat, and Nemoto wore a white dress shirt with black slacks, a gray coat and dress shoes. When they got to the park, Nemoto and Overhaul made their way to a café while Chrono and Eri went to the park. All was going well until *somehow* Eri got separated from Chrono.