Chapter Five

"Seems like Margarita had too many margaritas last night."

I shove a spoonful of cereal into my mouth. It is already late evening and I have been using jet lag as an excuse to sleep in all day. But as always, Mario sees right through me.

"You know who else had too many margaritas?" he presses. "The guy who stumbled into his bedroom, which just happens to be right next to mine, at four in the morning."

I ignore him, wondering how long it will take for him to go away.

"It's just funny, you know? How you are both hungover. Like at the same time."

I lift my head to gawk at him. Does he want something from me? I am evidently not good company right now, nor do I intend to be. 

He walks to the cooler, oblivious to my discontent as he pulls out a bottle of Radler. Using his teeth to remove its crown seal, he takes a sip. "Where is he, by the way? Your Teodor."

"Do I look like his calendar to you?" I finally say.

"You two seem to be getting quite close, for the lack of a better word."

"I have no interest in even starting this conversation with you," I mutter under my breath.

Just then, Sahara walks into the room. She takes Mario's beer into her own hand before giving me an appraisal. "Hey Mario?"

"Yeah?"

"Seems like Margarita had too many margaritas last night."

Author's Note: Ahh, a short chapter and my attempt at being funny, hehe. I really didn't wanna not meet my own goal of posting a chapter a day two times in the same week, so I am posting this even though it is more like a snippet than an actual chapter. I promise, tomorrow's update will be much better! I've been in a very idyllic state of mind, meeting new people and embracing being single - but also, swamped with work and other things. I hope you enjoyed this chapter regardless and that you are all thriving! :')  Are you excited about anything right now? Drop in the comments what you are, if you are, haha. I am so excited to explore the world and have another roaring twenties after COVID!