𝐭𝐰𝐨

'*;,.:・★ ☆ ★・:.,;*'

i hum along to the music playing in my airpods as i make the journey to 7th. it's freezing outside so i cross my arms to keep some warmth.

the hallway is deafening, even though it's outside, with all the kids in the school trying to get wherever they need to go. i longingly look to the parking lot where most of my class is getting into their cars to go home, all done with their classes because of senior lunch.

of course, i had to be one of the few seniors who still has their permit.

i walk faster to get inside the building for my last class. as i get inside and walk towards the end of the hallway to turn, i see olivia. i pause my music on my phone. i walk past them and stand on the opposite side of the hallway as i wait for my teacher to open the door. a few kids  in my class stand awkwardly behind me as we wait.

"yeah, i just got my driver's license last week." i overhear olivia say to elijah.

"then, i finally don't have to drive you to places anymore." elijah jokes.

yeah, so he can drive you to places like dates or whatever couples do.

i roll my eyes and play my music again so i don't have to hear them. i chew on the inside of my cheek as it seems like the passing period is taking forever.

i look back to see olivia hug elijah. it takes me a second to process what just happened, but then the door to my class opens. i quickly greet my teacher and head to my seat.

when i sit in the cold chair, i realize that my stomach feels like i'm on a roller coaster. i reach down to grab my waterbottle from my backpack and chug some.

the person who sits next to me says hi and i wave my hand. they sit down next to me and give a concerned look.

"your hand is shaking."

i stop drinking and look at me. just like they said, my waterbottle is shaking from my hand. i nervously giggle and put my bottle at the edge of the desk.

the teacher comes in to start class and i take my folder out with materials. i doodle on the corner of the page as i space out while the teacher summarizes class yesterday.

i take a black gel pen and start drawing little spiral one the sides of the columns of the lined notebook paper. i continue drawing until the person next to me nudges me.

"what's up." i whisper.

"your pen is bleeding."

i focus back from spacing and realize that i broke my pen and that half of my paper is soaked in ink.

"damn, that was my favorite pen."

my right hand has ink on it, so i wait until the teacher stops talking. i walk over to their desk to ask to use the bathroom. i get out the class and head to the bathroom, going straight to the sink to wash the ink out.

i'm scrubbing my hands vigorously to get the ink out for a while. when i turn off the water, i hear someone crying. i pause from using the hand dryer and walk closer to the nearest stall.