Episode 2 - Chapter 3

Halloween Town

Sora, Donald, and Goofy, whose appearances are now monsters to fit in with the world they entered, emerge from a well of boiling green liquid in the middle of the town square. Their hands crossed on their chests like a corpse.

"So that's how it feels like" said Goofy.

The three went down from the well to see how many were left alive in Halloween Town. The sound of a snapping twig emitted from the step of Donald's web-foot. He screamed to Goofy's arms.

"Put me down!" he demanded. And so, Goofy did.

"Who goes there?" roared a deep and clear voice. Out from behind a building was a slender skeleton in a fancy gothic suit and was none other than their friend Jack Skellington.

"Sora, Donald, Goofy!" he cheered "Am I glad to see you"

"Jack, you're okay!" cheered Sora

"Sure am" confirmed Jack "But my feelings are not. Everyone around me, except Sally, suddenly turned to ash and disappeared. Even that gave the pumpkin king a scare"

"That's what brought us here. Well, that and we're looking for someone"

"What is it, Sora?"

"We have to find someone called Thanos"

"Thanos? Now I don't know who that is. But perhaps we can ask Dr. Finklestein to... Oh right, he disappeared as well"

Sora, Donald, and Goofy gasped in desperation

"But I did see him working on something before he disappeared, perhaps that can help?"

"We should try" said Sora

"Alright, let's go to the lab"

The lab was close and only a few steps to reach, but before they could open the door, more shadow Heartless spawned behind.

"Suddenly, these heartless started to appear" said Goofy, raising his shield.

Sora, upon reaching out his hand and grabbing at nothing, spawned the keyblade by his hand, as usual, and charged. He shot one heartless with blizzard with the keyblade and swung it to destroy a heartless behind him. Jack Skellington ran toward each heartless as his arms burned with fire. Donald struck down the foe with lighting, and Goofy spun around with his shield. When they were sure that no more Heartless will spawn at the location, they entered Dr. Finklestein's lab on the top of a tower.

"Here" pointed Jack "This is where I saw him working"
Dr. Finklestein's wheelchair, empty with his ash-y remains, stood in front of his table, which was packed with a lot of research and blueprints surrounding technological parts in the centre of it all.

"Gawrsh, I've never seen him work with such technological advancement" gasped Goofy

"Neither have I" shared Jack

"Jack?" called out the soft and warm voice of a woman.

"Oh hey, Sally. Look, who it is"

"Sora, Donald, Goofy! I'm glad you're okay"

"Hi, Sally" greeted Sora "Do you know what the doctor had been working on before he disappeared?"

"Well, he was talking to himself and I heard something about tracking a big purple guy"

"Thanos" recognized Donald "So he was trying to track Thanos"

"I also found this letter. I don't know who wrote it, and there's no signature"

Sora grabbed from Sally's hand, a small white paper with no Burton-gothic theme.

"There is something you must do, do not ask, it is of no request. You must make a device to track down a reddish-purply creature known as Thanos and hand it over to the Keyblade wielder, the only one you know. Hurry before it is too late" read aloud Sora

"That means he was making the device for you, Sora" said Donald

"But that also means the device is incomplete"

"We can have Hiro finish it for us. He's smart"

"Who?" asked Goofy

"Hiro Hamada? from San Fransokyo? don't you remember?"

"Hiro Nakamura?"

"Hamada!" corrected Donald

"Hamburger?"

"Hamada!!"

"Oh yeah!"

"Finally"

Sora was about to ask about the missing pieces when Sally interrupted "I found a list of the doctor's requirements. But with all the Heartless outside..."

"Don't worry" interrupted Sora

"Sora, it is not polite to interrupt mid-sentence" lectured Donald

"Sorry, but we'll do it. We'll find the missing parts, right guys?"

"You can count on us" said Goofy

"I know I can. Here" Sally handed over the list:

2 Bright Gems
1 Lucid Gem
3 Orichalcum+

"Ww phooey, We have to find Orichalcum+?" complained Donald.

"We found 7 of them once to synthesize the ultima weapon. 3 won't be difficult" Sora said confidently

"We're counting on you guys" said Jack Skellington.

More Heartless spawned as they walked through the door that leads outside. However, they were weak. In different locations of Halloween Town, spawned different types of Heartless; Shadows, Giga Shadows, Wight Knights, and Search Ghosts. These were not the strongest Heartless but they did get in the way. Every time a Heartless is defeated, they drop certain items like orbs and synthesis materials. But they could not find their needs. Even so, they continued. Finally, hidden inside a chest around a corner, was 1 Orichalcum+. The search, however, was still on. After running around for a certain amount of time. They found 1 Lucid Gem dropped by a Wight Knight upon defeat, and 2 Bright Gems dropped by 2 Search Ghosts. Now that they found 4 items. All they need to find now are 2 Orichalcum+

Knowing they had explored all of Halloween Town. They went to the one place they have not checked- Christmas Town.

"Gawrsh, I hope Santa's alright" worried Goofy.