"Chris, he's the only thing that's ever happened to you," I pointed out and she scoffed.

"She's right Chris. That's why we gotta get out of this place, it's like a dairy queen. You can only get one flavor," Brenda answered.

"Wow, I didn't you could be so poetic," I replied with fake amazement. 

"Brenda you know I asked you over here to cheer me up and I feel worse," Chris sighed. And then the phone decided to ring.

"Oh Chris, I'm sorry," Brenda apologized as she sat on the bed with us, the phone still ringing. "I'm just in a really bad mood. My parents are driving me crazy, my stepmom is such a pain. If I don't get out of the house I'm gonna spike her Tab with Drano."

"Jesus," I said as Chris laughed.

"Don't do that," Chris chuckled. Then there was a knock on the door, and there was only one person it could have been.

"Chris? Hi Brenda," mom greeted.

"Hi," Brenda replied.

"Hi mom," Chris smiled softly.

"Chris, that was Mrs. Anderson on the phone. She wants to know if you can babysit for her tonight?" Mom wondered.

"No, tell her I can't," Chris declined almost instantly. 

"Why not?" Mom queried.

"Wait, aren't we doing something?" Chris whispered to Brenda.

"Oh, I have to go home," Brenda spoke.

"Because I wanna stay home and be depressed," Chris reasoned.

"Sit for the Anderson's, that'll depress anyone," I snorted.

"I'm too old to babysit," Chris sighed.

"Well it's too late now, I already told her you would love to," mom announced.

"That sucks," I laughed.

"It's not funny," Chris threw a pillow at me.

"I wouldn't be laughing because you're going with her," mom implied. Now it was Chris's turn to laugh.

"Are you kidding me? Why?" I interjected.

"I'm not gonna be home, do you really think I'm gonna let you stay home all by yourself?" She bluntly replied.

"But I'm sixteen, I'm old enough," I groaned.

"I thought that too but you nearly burned the house down," mom argued.

"It was an accident," I tried telling her.

"Okay but you're still babysitting with Chris," and with that, she left the room.

"I better head out too, have fun babysitting," Brenda snickered.

"Piss off," I threw a pillow at her, unfortunately, she made it out of the room in time.

"This is gonna be hell," Chris mumbled.

_

DURING THE CAR RIDE to the Anderson residence, I felt like jumping out of the car. It's not that I didn't like the Anderson's, they were fairly nice people. I just didn't want to spend my day looking after kids.

"I still can't believe I have to babysit with you," I groaned.

"Yeah, you're gonna make it ten times worse," Chris playfully rolled her eyes.