john b | 'working'

"So what are you doing today?" I asked.

"Well since my dad hasn't come home yet, I have to basically run his shop." John B explained.

His dad had been missing for about a week now, and all of us were convinced that he was dead, but John B still had hope, and we were gonna try support him in any way we could.

"Yeah um, do you want me to help?" I volunteered.

"Are you sure you want to?" he questioned.

Hm. Did I want to work at a fishing tackle shop all day? Not exactly. But I did want to help him so...

"Sure I do, come on." I answered, picking up my phone, grabbing his hand and pulling him out of the door.

************

We arrived at the little wooden shack and headed for the back.

"So... what do you need me to do?" I said, picking up different objects and studying them.
Unfortunately for me, I was very clumsy, and while picking up a hook, I lost my grip and cut my hand.

"Woah, Y/n are you okay?!" John B said, rushing over to me and holding my injured hand.

"I'm fine, it just slipped and I-"

"No, come on let's get that bandaged up." he cut me off, reaching for the first aid box.

He aided my hand and lead me to the counter in the main part of the shop.

"I hate to put you here because I know how much you hate to fit into stereotypes like how I'm gonna be in the back moving heavy boxes and you're gonna be standing still at a counter and I don't want you to think that that's what I'm trying to do at all but would you-"

"Would I be your lovely and charming receptionist?" I finished his sentence, in a posh voice.

He chuckled, "More like the person to help people buy things and work the cash register but would you? It would really help."

"You don't even have to ask." I giggled, standing behind the counter and smiling at him.

"That's my girl."

***********

It was pretty quiet at the store, meaning that we didn't have to have our full attention on keeping everything in check.

"What's up, how's your hand doing?" John B said, leaning on the counter I was at.

"It's all good, it was only a small cut anyways." I reassured him.

"Good good," he replied, "The store isn't looking too busy today is it?" He glanced around the room.

"Not really," I giggled, hopping onto the counter.

"Excuse me, I think that's very unprofessional for the lady at the cash register to be basically sitting on it." he imitated a posh person.

"Oh I'm incredibly sorry sir, did you want to have a seat too?" I grinned, patting on the surface.

"I thought you would never ask. Honestly, kids these days." he huffed, as he jumped up and sat next to me.

We swung our legs backwards and forwards as they dangled from the table where we were sitting. He brushed his leg on mine and looked up at me. He held my chin and leaned in to kiss me until...

ding!

The bell on the door rang as someone came in. We quickly hopped off the counter and I stood behind it again acting like nothing had happened.

"Afternoon sir!" I greeted him.

"Good afternoon ma'am." he replied, with a subtle grin on his face.

John B had rushed into the back at this point and continued to 'sort out the boxes'.

I assisted the customer and helped him pay. A few minutes later he had left and John slowly edged out of the back door.

"Fancy seeing you here." I chuckled, "Didn't know where you went after you shot off when the bell rang."

"Yeah it uh... startled me."

"Really? I would never have known." I said sarcastically, and laughed.

"Do you wanna continue?" he asked, hesitantly.

Without saying anything, I slowly walked towards him and ran my hands through his long hair. We both leaned in and resumed the kiss, without the bell this time.

**********

Hours had passed and we were still sitting around waiting for customers.

"Why don't we just close up early today?" John B said.

"Sure, whatever you wanna do." I replied.

We flipped the sign on the door to 'Closed' and locked up.

"Where should we go now?" I questioned.

"Walk on the beach?" he suggested, gesturing towards the beautiful shining water infront of us.

"I would love to." I smiled, as I took his hand and pulled him across to the pebbles.

I sneakily directed him so he was closest to the water and bent down to splash him.

"Excuse you!" he shouted, looking down at his now wet clothes.

"It was too tempting I'm sorry." I laughed.

"That's it." he said.

"What's it-" I began, but he cut me off by picking me up and holding me above the water.

"JOHN PUT ME DOWN I'M GONNA FALL." I screamed, while giggling.

"Do you trust me?" he said, looking me dead in the eyes.

"Of course I do, wh-" I started my sentence and was again interrupted by him beginning to swing me round while still above the waves.

"You're absolutely crazy." I chuckled, distracting him with yet another kiss, so he'd stop splashing me.

He suddenly pulled away, "I see what you're doing." he smirked, as he sat down in the water - both of us fully clothed - and had me on his lap, so the water was splashing onto both of us.

"We're the worst employees ever." I said, running my hands through his soft hair again.

"We're literally in the sea instead of in the shop. We definitely are."

And we both burst out laughing.

_____________________
AUTHORS NOTE

another john b story for you!

it looks like jj, rafe and topper seem to be the most popular so far, i'm obviously still gonna write for the others, but i personally enjoy writing for them three the most so...

i hope you all enjoyed and i'm literally so happy with all of the reads that i've gotten and people are voting and i'm just so grateful!!

thank you all! <3

____________________