Part 2

They all gaped. Aelin felt like her jaw dropped to the floor one glance at her mate and she knew he was shocked too. No one spoke a word.

"well, this is all very awkward....." Aida said looking at Fenrys.

Lorcan snorted "at least that explains a few things" Fenrys raised a brow "she speaks just like you"

"I'm right here ,you know" Aida sighed. "lets have dinner then, Rys you gotta help me set up the table my leg feels like its gonna crumble,all of you sit down"

Fenrys sketched a bow, "anything for you darling"

Aelin watched the two of them while they worked, as did Rowan. They worked together seamlessly, always knowing where the other is. A team. A unit even in such a domestic task as putting the dishes. Fenrys put down the dishes and sat on the head . Aida sat across him at the other end. with Lorcan and Rowan on either side of her , Aelin beside rowan and Elide beside Lorcan.

Fenrys dove right in with his usual vigor when it came to food, although she couldn't exactly blame him. The food smelled brilliant and it made her mouth water. she took a bite and moaned. Delicious. Absolutely goddamn delicious. She saw Aida smile and soon the house was filled only with the sound of the clatter and the scraping on the plate.

It was Rowan who broke the silence first "I haven't seen you before, even when we went to his home" he said turning to Aida shooting a pointed glance at Fenrys. "that's because i wasn't there"

Fenrys answered "I sent word, -anonymously-that we were that time so they took necessary precautions"

"well some of us weren't there a hundred years ago so I'm humbly gonna ask you to explain" Aelin said breaking into their conversation.

Lorcan explained," After Meave..............recruited Fenrys" Fenrys snorted at that and Aida looked like she would bring the valg bitch back to life so she could tear her into pieces."we had to go and stay in his home for sometime as a part of a mission" Then he turned to Fenrys "How did you do it ? Meave intercepted every letter or message that went to and from the castle"

This time Aida smirked "There are other ways to get a message Lord Lorcan Lochan" oh Aelin liked her, she saw Elide's eyes glittering with amusement and Rowan didn't bother to hide his. "Besides ,I'm an excellent spy" Aelin looked at the darkness that surrounded her , like living tattoos above the ones that are already there.

"So, what are you?" Aida didn't even look at the darkness- no ,shadows surrounding her.

"Shadowsinger, they're able to hear and feel things others can't" Fenrys told

Elide who had been silent until then asked "so how did you two meet and keep the bond a secret?Fenrys was bound to Meave ,So how didn't she know about it?" Aelin hid her smile, ever the best of advisors and interrogators.

Fenrys smiled wryly at her " I thought i said we were gonna explain that"

Rowan growled "so explain" Fenrys just rolled his eyes "patience" and he gestured to Aida and drawled "my mate was just getting to it."

Aida just rolled her eyes and said" I was born in a war camp just south of his home." Aida said jerking her chin toward Fenrys . "My twin and i were my mothers only children and our father was a warrior .He went into battle once and did not come back- this was when we were 6."

______________________________________________________________

Aida still remembered her mother sobbing and clutching at her fathers body . She remembered her twin holding her. the silence that was somehow roaring in her head .