Chapter Nine

~I don't have to see to believe that you're carrying me on your shoulders~

Corrine

"This is your room." Ethan stated as he led me through a rather dark hallway and opened a door, that I had no clue even exited.

"So I'm going to be stuck here forever?" I glared at him as I pushed the door to the said room. I wasn't even a little bit excited. The room itself was a plain with purple colored walls and huge white curtains draped to the window. A queen sized bed occupied the centre of the room with a single nightstand.

My eyes scanned further into the room and I get a glimpse of two extra set of doors which were presumably a closet and the bathroom.

"Well, sunshine. I'll pick you up tomorrow so you can start your chores." He replied, as he exited in the process. I had more questions to ask but I knew he wouldn't answer.

Sighing loudly, I matched towards the bathroom, barely paying any attention to how extravagant and beautiful it looked. I stripped out of the bloody t-shirt and ripped sweatpants I had been wearing and let the water cascade down my back.

The vampires had actually not harmed me and even though I was still somehow in shock about it, I had to accept and admit the fact that they had treated me better than my pack had ever done. Well, it was too soon to conclude that. After pulling on my pajamas, I finally get into bed that had been calling my name for so long. Snuggling closer to my pillows, a sigh leaves my lips at the softness of the duvet and covers and sleep soon catches up with me as I fade into it.

*

"Sunshine! Wake up!" A loud voice blared in my ear and I wince shifting and turning away from the noise. Sleep now, whatever that is later. I was about to fall deeply asleep again only this time, my warmth disappears in an instant and cold shoots through every pore of my body making my eyes snap open.

"What?" I muttered, rubbing my eyes and scanning the room I was. Oh, Ethan.

"Good your up, sunshine." He muttered and I throw him a freezing glare while he only smile bright.

"What the hell is wrong with you? It's still dark! Why are you awake. More importantly, why am I awake?" I asked after glancing out through my window and into the pitch black darkness of the night.

"Oh, sunshine. I told you you start your chores today. It's five thirty." He enthusiastically replied, and I groan.

"Can I sleep for a while? Please come back later?" I plead giving him my best cute face which I know is failed shamefully.

"Sorry, sunshine. No can do. Now get your ass up or I'm dragging you out." He stated and I shoot out, knowing he would really do it. I yawned out loud and led myself towards the bathroom. After a warm shower, which actually helped a lot and erased my sleep, I head over to the walk in closet that had thousands of clothes. Picking a t-shirt and jeans, I pull them on after putting on the bra and the underwear that was surprisingly my size. Thinking about it, it's rather creepy thinking about the fact that everything here is my size. Yeah, totally creepy.

Walking back in, I find Ethan typing so fast on his phone. They have phones?

"Why do you need those? Don't you like have a mindlink or something?" I asked, only for him to shoot up from the bed, a startled racing through his features.