Chapter 2

Just as he raised his gun, I felt my body being pushed to the ground.

Mollie was practically on top of me.

"I thought I said stay outside!" she yells.

She fires her gun at his hand, causing him to drop his gun. She leaped off of me and tackles the man to the ground.

She picks up her phone again "Yeah, I'm still here. Yep, he tried to kill.....me. Come and get him."she glances at me.

She puts hand cuffs on him. "Stay down." she tells both of us.

The cops pull up and take the man away and another guy pulls up in his car.

"Mollie...come with me. Bring the kid." he gestures toward me. What is going on here?

We get in the car. "Blindfold him." he says.

"But-" she argues.

"Mollie!" he yells at her.

She takes out a blindfold and wraps it around my head. She leans in close to my ear. "I'm sorry." she whispers, sending shivers down my back.

The car ride is awkward. It was silent and I can't see anything.

Finally, we come to a stop. Mollie leaves the blindfold on and leads me inside of a building.

We are locked in a room. She takes the blindfold off of my head. "Sit" she orders me into the corner.

The man sits at the desk. In tiny letters on his desk, I see "Foster Brooks".

"Why is he here?" he asks.

"Because you asked me to bring him." she responds.

"Don't try and be funny. You know what I'm asking? Why is he with you?"

"We were going to go out and I had to check in with you so I went inside. I told him to stay outside and he didn't listen. Shades entered my flat and almost killed him." she says

"You let him know your position? Mollie, people can't be trusted unless they go through special training."

"I couldn't just let him die!" she yells back at Foster. "and thats not true."

"Well, if you want to remain under my forces you're going to have to start thinking that way. You can't trust normal people." he says.

There is a moment of silence before he says something. "We can't let him go. He's going to have to stick with you. He's a witness and he can't tell anyone."

I what? Am I ever going to get out of here?

"When can I go home?" its the first I've spoken.

"Youre going to tag along with Mollie on her next mission. If you prove trust worthy, I'll let you go. You will stay here with us until then." he says.

I get to be with Mollie. Shes some spy or something that works for the government. Im going on some mission. This all worked out.....kind of.

PRESENT DAY

Mollies POV

"Molls, I'm sorry. It's always hard when you loose your partner." one of my co workers says to me. I just keep looking down.

"Mollie Verandez, Mr. Brooks requests you in his office." I hear a voice say.

I get up and walk to his office. I'm hoping for an apology, maybe some sympathy.

"Mol, you are torn up. This is not healthy for your career. You can't go on the French Project when your mind isn't in the game. This is why partners can't be in relationships!" he says. I was wrong about some sympathy.

"Do you remember Liam?" the sound if his name brings my head up. Liam.

I nod slowly.

"He's your new partner." his words cut through all of my sorrow. My new partner?

"You'll meet him in Paris tonight."

"Can't I stay for the funeral?!" I ask him.

"I'm sorry. No one can come to the funeral except close family and friends."

"But, I loved him!" I yell. I don't normally yell at him.

"No, Mollie." he says.

I turn away from his desk and walk back out of the door. Liam...the boy that went on that mission with me. I even smile when I think about him. I'm sure he's changed, though. He won't be anything that Grant was.

I board a jet plane outside. This is going to be....interesting.

A/N

Whoah! Cool! Soo what's going to happen with Liam and Mollie?

Please vote!!!!!! And give feedback!

Thanks :)

Mia^><^