Chapter 11- Meetings and Messages

Recap: I carefully walked to Sam and took my phone from her grasp. I checked my messages and the latest one was from an unknown number.

Taylor's POV

From: Unknown 

Hey princess. Guess who it is. Well, you can't guess because you don't know even know my name, but anyway it's Jason, the soon to be alpha of the Silver Moon Pack. You never got my name today because you had to go in such a hurry. So, I was just wondering if you and some of your pack members wanted to meet up somewhere tomorrow for lunch or hang out and get to know each other. Hope to see you - Jason

"Sooooooooo. Can we go? Pleaseeeeeee?" Sam asked.

"Fine, we can go. Twins! Ben!" their heads turned to the sound of my voice.

"Want to go meet up with the other pack tomorrow?" I asked. "Hell yeah!" Ben said. "Sure!" I don't know why the twins are so excited. "Where do you guys want to eat?"

"TACO BELL!" screamed Sam. I looked at the twins. They both nodded their head, licking their lips. Ok, Taco Bell it is!

I added Jason to my contacts list so I won't think some weirdo has my number. Before I could text Jason back, my dad called an emergency pack meeting in the auditorium. On the way to the pack meeting, I started to text Jason back.

To: Jason

Hey, Its Taylor. Sorry, I didn't get your name when we first met. My friends and I would love to meet up with you guys. We have also decided that Taco Bell would be a great place to have lunch. Maybe after eating, we can hang at your packhouse? Anyway, thank you for the invite. Can't wait! :)

P.S. How'd you get my phone number? - Taylor

I sighed as I sent the text.

I entered the auditorium looking for an empty seat. I spotted Sam and sat in the seat next to her. "What do you think the meeting is for?" She whispered to me. "I honestly have no idea. I guess it's really important if it's an emergency."

"No sh*t Sherlock, shhh he's going to talk." Really she was shushing me?

My dad cleared his throat. His deep voice resonated throughout the room "Good morning everyone."

"Good morning alpha." everyone replied.

"Thank you for coming here on such short notice, I know this interrupted some of your activities and I am sincerely sorry for that. Now down to business. As you know, there has been a recent increase of rogues attacks on our borders. I don't know why, but these attacks are getting more and more frequent. I have doubled the number of patrols and it seems like that isn't enough. So, I have decided, for the best of the pack, that we combine forces with the Silver Moon pack through a treaty."

The crowd erupted into mummers. My dad cleared his throat and continued to talk. The mummers died down as he started to speak again.

"Now, this agreement will be temporary, only until we figure out why we are being targeted by the rogues. There has to be a reason for these attacks, but for now, we're just going to have to cope with the current situation and deal with it." He directed an accusing look at me. I rolled my eyes and flipped him off as he kept talking as if he hadn't just told me to be okay with my current situation.

"Now that the rogue attacks are increasing, we need to prepare for the worst, an all-out war."

The audience erupted into a large number of questions about war.

Everyone asked questions. What? War? When? Why? Even the kids. Can I help fight a rogue?

My dad raised his hands to quiet the auditorium. "Yes, I said war. Hopefully, it doesn't come down to that, but we have to be prepared. I have already made plans with the Alpha, Mr. Storm, of the Silver Moon pack. Both pack warriors will be training together with my daughter, Taylor" he said pointing at me. "and whoever goes to training is representing the Golden Paw Pack, so please be on your best behavior. This new training regiment will begin tomorrow morning in the meadows outside of town at 9 am sharp.

There was a chorus of complaints. "I know this isn't ideal but we have to be prepared for the rogues. Better be over-prepared than lose our loved ones."

Everyone cheered and clapped at the end of his announcement. "This is the end of the meeting. Have a good day." He walked away from the podium and headed off stage.

I left Sam and ran up to catch up with my dad. "You didn't tell me I'd be training other people! Also, why can't any girls be trained?"

"You out of everyone should know I hate working with boys especially high ranked pack warriors who think they are high and mighty." I said with disgust. He knew I hated working with boys period.

"Taylor, just because you're my daughter I will let your little attitude slide, but I will not accept this new attitude for much longer. It's proven that girls were not created to fight. They are here to -" 

"Don't you dare say cater to men."

I have always hated men who think girls are not capable of being warriors. I also hate relying on someone to help me, cause when you need them the most that is when they will fail you.

"Fine, I'll train them but don't expect them to listen to me. I'm a girl remember?" I said in an annoyed voice.

"I know Taylor, I know. But, you are the strongest warrior in this pack. So, screw what you and our warriors want. This pack needs to stay strong and you are key to helping this pack. I will see you at a quarter to 9 tomorrow morning and not a minute later." He walked away from me before I could say anything else.

"ARGGG!" I just wanted to punch something. I saw a nice looking vase my dad had received as a gift a couple of years ago, and it was only a couple feet away from me. Don't you even think of it Taylor. Come on Catherine. Just this once. No! You've already upset your dad enough. No need for making it worse. I huffed in defeat. I went into the living room and plopped myself down on the couch.

I was getting so worked up. I'll show him that women can kick just as much ass as men can.

Then I saw Sam skip into the room. Oh great, here we go. "Come on!" she said prancing towards me. "We have a date to get ready for."

~~~

Well, this chapter was intense. Taylor is having daddy problems. It was a little short but I'll try to make the next one longer. Just wondering, did anyone watch The Flash, Supernatural, The Arrow, or The Vampire Diaries this week? I didn't get to watch any of them because of midterms this week. :/