f

after setting up the cabins, the two counselors notice that the sky begins to darken and they head back to the pit

seated there are three people, all looking at her. stunned by the direct attention, she walks even faster to get to them, geonu trailing behind her suspiciously. to the newcomer, they look very, very intimidating.

there's a thick tension in the air as no one speaks. they just stare at her blankly.

then all of a sudden, they break out in laughter.

"i am so sorry, we just wanted to try being scary." the tallest of the three admits. he was a boy with broad shoulders and a warm, welcoming smile.

"oh my god, you should have seen your face." a boy with dirty blonde hair laughs. he's shorter than the former but is just as handsome. "that was hilarious."

"that was awful. the poor girl was so nervous." the third counselor says, smiling gently at the girl. she is about the same height as melody. walking over to the girl, she swings an arm around melody's shoulder before continuing, "i'm chaeryoung, or just chae. that one is youngbin." she points to the taller boy, then flicks the blonde-haired male on the forehead. "and this loser is beomgyu."

"ouch-"

"i see you've met two more of our counselors and the one random blonde dude we picked up off the street." olivia quips, emerging from the shadows with two other counselors. they all take a seat on the benches that circle around the pit.

"i've literally said one whole word, why am i already getting roasted?" beomgyu whimpers, a slight pout making its way to his face.

"because it's fun!" jeongin exclaims, his bright infectious smile radiant even as the light in the sky begins to dim. "you met hitomi and i already! sorry if we flustered you with our comments, we just got a little enthusiastic for geonu."

the blonde hair girl moves closer to melody as she gently touches her shoulder, "we were excited for our head counselor, you know? as confident as he seems, he has like zero game."

"hey-" geonu attempts to defend himself, but it's too late because olivia is already interjecting.

"don't even try, lee. we all know your history and it's not cute."

"it's not that bad." the boy mutters to himself, and melody can't help but find the action adorable.

" the boy mutters to himself, and melody can't help but find the action adorable