Bubble Tea | Chpt 13

Începe de la început

"You should ask her," I said and she smiled wider.

"I think I will," she replied, closing the lip gloss. "What about you?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, what do you think of my boy Kaminari?" she asked.

"Oh no...no." She raised an eyebrow at me, shaking her head.

"Yeah alright," she hummed. I wouldn't consider it, even if my father's rule didn't exist. He wasn't exactly the kind of person I go for, not that I go for anyone.

"Thanks Ashido."

"Eh call me Mina," she replied. I nodded towards her. "Come on, they're probably back with the bobas." The boys were indeed back to the table when we got back. Mina slipped into the seat next to Sero, taking her purple taro bubble tea. I slid into the seat next to Kaminari, knowing Mina had done it on purpose.

"Here you are m'lady," Kaminari said, handing me a green one.

"Thank you," I replied. He had ordered a mango one with black boba, to match his hair. Sero had ordered something peach. There was soft pop music playing over the speakers and it seemed that only one other pair of people had come in. I sipped in silence as the 3 chatted about stuff that was happening in class or in the dorms. I of course had nothing to add to the discussion, so I just listened.

"Well I'm just saying, Mineta needs to stop being so goddamn gross. I don't know how you hang out with him Kaminari," Mina said.

"He's not that bad," Kaminari scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Shall we introduce him to (y/n)?"

"No!" Kaminari blurted and I glanced up.

"Why?" I questioned, gaining Kaminari's flustered attention.

"Yeah, why Kaminari?" Mina reiterated. She was clearly orchestrating something, but I was just curious as to who this Mineta character was. Was he that gross?

"Fine, he's nasty," Kaminari huffed and I stared around the group for an explanation. I received no explanation, just letting it go. They began conversation about homework and Kaminari drifted from the conversation, bored with talking about school. He turned to me and I stared back at him, sipping my tea.

"What?" I asked.

"You look better," he said, leaning up against the table again. He tucked his feet up on his chair so that his knees nearly rested against his chest.

"Yeah, thanks to Mina," I said.

"Well I mean the make up is nice, but you look like you feel better," he said, twirling his straw around in the cup. "You talk to your dad finally?"

"Yeah, both him and Mic," I said.

"That's really good," he said, smiling at me. I just gave him a thin-lipped expression back. I was a little too tired to keep up my usual front, not to mention they had all seen me at a pretty low point so what was there to hide now. Kaminari seemed to take this as an in, placing a hand on the back of my chair so that I was trapped against the table. I could slide out backwards, but I just remained still.

"Did you want to hang out after this?" he asked.

"My dad is going to be home tonight," I said, "I'm supposed to be there when he gets home. I'm really supposed to be taking a nap right now."

"Tonight? What about before that?" he pushed and I shook my head no.

"Sorry," I replied. At least we were here with Mina and Sero. If my dad discovered I had hung around him alone he might just kill me.

"That's alright," he said. "Then just tell me more about you."

"Right now?" he nodded. "Like...what?"

"Like what your favorite food is, who your favorite hero is, if you're single, what your favorite hobby is," he said, sipping his tea. He didn't look at me, awaiting my answer.

"Dumplings, Eraserhead and Present Mic--duh--, yes, and art," I said.

"Interesting. Very crucial information," he said and I rolled my eyes. I thought for a moment he was going to ask me out, but he didn't. "Alright, ask me."

"Uh, the same questions I guess?" I shrugged.

"I love hamburgers, All Might, yes, and video games," he replied. I nodded, sipping my tea. A boba bubble popped in my mouth as I finished. He cleared his throat. "You interested in changing that 3rd one?"

"No," I said simply. "Not interested in that right now. Studies first."

"Oh," he said, a slightly frown on his face. At least I hadn't said it was him specifically that I couldn't and wouldn't date. It was true, I wasn't interested in that kind of thing for the time being. All my life, I hadn't really been a dateable person and that wasn't changing now. Mina stood up, heading to throw her cup in the trash. Everyone in tandem stood up, Kaminari being the last after me. We all began the trek back to school, taking the train. At least I wasn't taking the train by myself now. I stood beside Sero, who was explaining his quirk to me.

"So...like Spiderman?" I asked.

"Exactly!" he replied, giving me a toothy grin. I glanced to Kaminari and Mina who were talking amongst themselves. Kaminari looked up at me, giving me a solid wink. So my resolve on dating wasn't going to stop him. He was just a flirty guy anyways, he probably wasn't serious. I started back towards the apartment, turning to Kaminari.

"Thank you for the tea," I said.

"You're welcome," he nodded at me. "See you later beautiful."

"Don't--" I stopped myself. "Later."

When I got back, Mic and my dad were obviously not back yet, so I collapsed onto the couch. I laid back comfortably for a short nap. When I woke up, Mic was helping my dad into the room. I quickly got up so he could put him on the couch.

"Feeling better?" I asked.

"Much," he said. Mic approached me after seating my father, hugging me briefly.

"What's up with you kiddo?"

"Napped," I replied and he nodded, heading for the kitchen. "What's for dinner? I'm hungry." I whined.

"Yeah dad what's for dinner?" Shouta called from the couch and Mic popped his head into the lounge.

"Miiiiiiiiiiiiic. We're hungryyyyyy!" I droned and he let out a sigh.

"Mic, we're hungry," he said again and Mic just let out a loud, drawn out scream in response. I laughed a little, seating myself next to my dad so that I could lay against him gingerly.

"We're just getting fast food, I can't cook for shit," he called. I snorted, feeling my dad rest his head against mine. He let out a soft sigh of discomfort easing into relaxation.

"But Mic I'm Hungryyyyy."

"Hi hungry, I'm dad," he called back and I pout.

"Ugh that was a gross joke," I sighed, hearing Mic call for a delivery. When I glanced up at my father, the holes in his bandages showed that his eyes were shut. Finally, I could help. It was just as a pillow, but that was good enough. I eased his aches with my quirk, despite the fact I wasn't supposed to. Mic returned, smiling at the two of us and turning the TV on a low volume. He sat down beside me, propping up his feet.

~Caly