• 09

[ HEECHUL'S POV ]

"We're back," I softly said as I open the door and enter the house where we are staying in.

I thought no one heard me because of the loud sound of the rain, but as soon as we set foot inside, Janghoon greeted us with an anxious face.

"What happened? What took you so long?! We were so worried!" he shouted, as usual.

"I'm deeply sorry," Kyunghoon said before bowing his head repeatedly.

"I'm deeply sorry, too," I followed.

"Nevermind. Let's just talk about it tomorrow. For now, organize yourselves and take a rest. But both of you should take a hot bath first," Janghoon advised.

"Together?!" Kyunghoon and I exclaimed in unison.

"Of course not!"

"Ahh, 죄송합니다 (I'm sorry)."

"You should go first," said Kyunghoon.

"아니야 (No). You should go first. I'll go after you," I softly told him.

"But you're so drenched–"

"Don't be so stubbord and just go, okay? I'll go after you."

"Okay."

Kyunghoon slowly walked towards the bathroom and I was left alone with Janghoon at the living room.

"I won't ask you to tell me what happened, but if you have something to say or something to ask me, I'm all ears," Janghoon said with a soft voice.

I looked outside and contemplated whether to talk or to just stay silent. I can't find the right words to say but I want to give Janghoon an answer. After a few seconds, I finally found the courage to tell him.

"Hyung, I love him," I said with a very low voice. I wasn't sure if he heard me but I was too shy to say it for the second time.

Then, Janghoon suddenly let out a small chuckle. I looked at him and saw him smiling brightly at me.

"I'm glad," he said.

"Why?"

"Because both you and Kyunghoon finally found the answer. It was so sad to see the both of you suffer, you know."

"Thank you so much, hyung," I said as moved closer and opened my arms to hug him. But before I could even do it, he spoke again.

"But this is just the beginning. There will be more suffering in the future. And it will be more painful. Are you sure you can handle it, Kim Heechul? Can you really overcome it with Min Kyunghoon?"

His question hit me right in my chest. He's right. What we went through is painful but it will get even more painful as time goes by. We will have to face greater problems and I bet we'll cry even more often. Can I handle it? Or should I say, can we handle it?

~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~ • ~

"Hyung! I'm asking you!" Kyunghoon suddenly said with a slightly loud voice.

"What? What did you say?" I asked, confused as to what he's saying.

"I asked why you're here in our room. My roommate is Janghoon-hyung but why are you here instead? And why are you spacing out?"

"Ah, 미안해 (sorry). I was just thinking of something. And I ask Janghoon-hyung to switch room with me just for tonight. I want to be with you."