I Am Not Alone

Weeks had passed. Play found himself still sleeping with Monet unbeknownst to her mental state. He was also carrying more work since Debarge was just now coming home. His life had been hectic. With him undercover his wife was beginning to become a burden as well.

"Mimi, you have to go back to our home tomorrow. I can't keep lying to these people."

She looked up from her phone. "I miss you at home, when will this case be done?"

"Soon, baby, soon. Let's just enjoy the moment right now." He kissed her soft skin then licked her earlobe, gently nibbling and sucking. She moaned then turned towards him.

"Come here, let me take care of you."

The sun shone throughout the whole house. On the particular day, the Georgia weather decided to be a little warm. August was fast asleep as Monique completed a few house duties. They were back on good terms but he still was walking in eggshells with her careful not to mention, text, or even think about Camry let alone another woman.

Monique huffed while picking up another load of clothes. A couple weeks and the laundry had seemed to overload. As she leaned inside the washing machine to retrieve more clothes, a firm grip on her butt startled her. Giggling, Monique turned around but was met with Play's grin.

She shoved him back but he didn't budge. "So, you too good now to speak to a nigga now that you all cuffed?"

"Play, get your goofy ass out of my face with that. You been knew what was up so don't get your feelings hurt." Monique knew he was a pig but August begged her to play it cool. She was able to control her anger around him now but the tension was thick any time he came around, plus August had started to treat him like he was beneath him, sending him to do all the work with no help.

"It's like that? You give a bitch a few bucks then she brand new." Play eyed her as if he was disgusted.

Monique chuckled. "What you want from me? You gon' hold that over my head? August knows so who exactly are you trying to harm? I made my mistake with your dusty ass and earned myself a real nigga. Now, get to your duties, do-boy, and keep daydreaming about this pussy."

She walked past him while adding a switch to her walk. Meanwhile, August was on the phone with Officer Giordano or "G" as he called him. "I know. I'm handling that business. Man, just give me time and stop riding my dick about it. I got your pig in my crib kicking it around me and mines so let me handle it like I said I would. Stop blowing me."

He ended the call as Monique entered the bedroom. "Your boy downstairs. He really got heart. When are you going to get rid of him?"

"Soon, come here. Why you upset?" He wrapped his arms around her and she shrugged. Their lips met but she seemed uninterested as his smooth, pink lips caressed hers. Even his morning breath smelled good. Monique couldn't help but lose her attitude while rubbing his morning erection. A knock on the door interrupted them then she climbed into the bed to let them handle business.

Monet stood at the door of his home. The bright sun beamed on her back. She was a mess, her hair was untamed and her makeup was done. She had successfully drank until she felt like the scum of the Earth. Her heels were laid out across the lawn and she was barely dressed from her tight dress being damaged at the club.

"Just leave my home. You're scaring my child! It's broad daylight and the police are coming for you!" Mimi informed her.

"I don't give a fuck, where's Play?"

"I don't know a Play. Go home, please! Please!" Mimi sounded as if she was almost at tears. The sirens could be heard in the distance and neighbors were watching. Monet knew she had completely lost it following Mimi to her actual home, and attempting to go inside. Play didn't even live with her at the separate home to make matters worse.

"Bitch, let me in! Let me in! I love him, too! It's not fair that you have his child and that ring. I loved that man on his worst days. I loved him when he was just on the block and I took him in. He had me thinking he lived with his mother and-"

"I don't give a damn what this man did! Get away from my doorstep and go home. You're making a fool of yourself." But Mimi had pleaded too long. The worried neighbors called the police and in the next ten minutes, Monet was being led to the police squad car with handcuffs hugging her wrists.

As she watched a hysterical Mimi explain what happened, she began to twitch and cry for the drug that had got her in her situation in the first place. Cocaine.

Nikki was helping Debarge change his bandages when a knock on the door interrupted them. He waved her off and she slowly walked away to check who it was. Opening her door, her jaw nearly dropped as she was faced with her worst nightmare, Bianca and a small baby bump.