Chapter 17

Valt's POV

Waking up, I had a weird knot in my stomach. I felt nervous for some reason, and I wasn't even battling today! I couldn't wait to see Shu battle again, but I was nervous for Y/N. Delta isn't really a pushover. 

I've been wanting to battle Y/N for real for a while now. While training, both of us just battled regularly, nothing special. She's gotten a lot stronger and it appears she was hiding a special move. 

I don't know why, but it seems as though I've been able to act normal around Y/N. Ever since I started mentoring, I felt as though there was no fire in my soul. It was like I didn't even have a passion for beyblade. 

For a while, I would get random challenges from the people I was mentoring, I won them way to easily. Every time I thought about returning to the ranking, Chris didn't really like it. 

"Your gonna get carried away again," She would tell me. "For the good of not only BC Sol, but you as well. I know you feel empty inside, but you need to listen to me."

"Can't I just-" 

Chris' eyes would then soften, "No, Valt I know this is tough for you, but Free's accepted it. Shu has moved on. Let Aiger and the others take over. This is a new era of beyblade, and it's your turn to teach others just like Xander mentored you."

Y/N plays a big roll during all of this. When she first came, my god she had a lot of potential. She was able to take one point from Free on her first try. She never gave up and always had a positive attitude. 

Free mentioned that it was almost like me when I first came to BC Sol.

"Except less stupid." Were the words he chose, causing a fist of mine to connect with his face.

Over time though, as I learned more about Y/N, as we shared our love of beyblade. One day Y/N and I were just walking back from training, when she asks, "Do you think you'd ever go back into the rankings?" 

That was an incredibly good question. Would I ever go back into the rankings? 

That question stuck in my head for a few days. I decided to ask Free if he could maybe convince Free to talk to Chris.

Eventually Free was able to convince Chris to let me battle once. 

"If you lose, your career is over, one and done." Chris said sternly.

"Yeah sure!" I yelled before I took off and signed up for the nearest battle in the rankings.

Apparently she was also talking about this tournament. As I found out last night.

"Remember what I said Valt?" She asked me before I went home.

"Sorry what'd you say?" 

"You lose even once in this tournament, and it's over." She smiled sadly.

"Wait, that applies here? How am I supposed to keep blading?" I asked.

She patted my head. "Don't lose!" She smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

Maybe that was why I'm nervous. 

Anyways I headed over to the arena just as everyone was getting settled.

Then the announcer got on.

"Good morning! Boys and Girls, ready for the first day of the International Bladers Cup?" 

He was greeted by cheers from the crowd.

"Okay! It's time to kick the tournament off with the first battle, in the A Block! Now let's introduce the bladers!" 

Everyone directed their attention to the Blue entrance. "In the blue corner, the blader that jokes around with Dante Koryu, but is a serious blader when he has to be, Arman Kusaba!" 

Arman is a good guy, he's strong. I met him back when I visited the Victories. Booshin Ashindra is a powerful defense type, and has a great counter move. He was definitely someone who knew what he was doing.

"In the red corner! One of the strongest bladers of his generation! You know him, you love him. The raging bulls owner Shu Kurenai!" 

The crowd went crazy. If you don't know who Shu Kurenai is, then you've definitely been living under a rock. He's the most popular blader I know. And you know what's even better? 

I'm his best friend of course!

"First battle!" the referee called. 

Crimson Spryzen, seems new. I haven't seen Shu in a while, obviously that means I haven't been able to see him battle in a while. 

"SHUUUUUU" I called. "YOU CAN DO THIS!"

"Shut the hell up Valt." A voice next to me said. I looked up to see Y/N sitting down next to me. 

I scratched my head. "Whoops, too loud." She rolled her eyes, but smiled so that was a good sign.

"Shouldn't you be getting ready?" I asked.

"Nah, there's nothing more I can do. I just need to trust in B/N and win! And also I wanted to watch the Shu Kurenai!" She started to fan girl. 

"I'm ten times the blader he is!" 

She laughed. "Maybe in your dreams Valt, maybe." 

We were interrupted by a call. 

"3, 2, 1, let it rip!" they exclaimed. 

Booshin Ashindra took center stage, while Spryzen took the outside. 

"Ashindra, we gotta keep it tight! Booshin Guard!" Arman called.

Spryzen rushed in the for the first attack, it was a clean hit, but with Booshin guard it had little effect. However Spryzen just charged right back in.

Over and over it crashed into Ashindra, but Ashindra never lost speed.

"If that's all you have then there's no way you're gonna take us out! Tower Counter!" Arman said.

At the next impact Ashindra backed up, winding up for a counter attack. It released the energy it built up and along with the momentum slammed into Spryzen.

"It's time Spryzen!" Shu called. "Counter break!" Suddenly Spryzen bursted with a huge amount of speed and came right at Ashindra.

"Watch out!" Arman called, however he couldn't get out of the way. 

"Burst finish! Shu Kurenai wins with a score of 2-0!" 

Shu was definitely a lot stronger, one attack? I looked at Y/N and she nodded.

We were both thinking the same thing. 

If we were going to win, we had to step up our game!

Alright sorry, I've been delaying this for a while, next chapter comes out by possibly next week.

K bye!