Chapter 35: Past meets Present

~Revival Island, Ebon~

Seses sits with his hands together as Miyaki, Mary, Sim, and Rio standing around a circle as Axel is in the circle, sweating and breathing hard. "Is it working?" He says as energy leaves his arms and goes into a platform below his feet. Seses opens his eyes and slams his hands on the ground, the floor lights up and lights shine through the roof as the ceiling opens up. Axel starts to yell as the center of the circle opens up, "Now Genesis, throw whatever you have that belongs to Hiro into the pit." He orders as she digs in her pocket and throws it in. The second she throws it in, the beam of light disappears and Lucifer kicks through the door, "I'll hold him off. Y'all stay in your stations, don't move a muscle, the next move will either bring him back or kill him again." He says as he gets up and Lucifer cocks his head sideways and drags his nails alongside the wall. Lucifer growls as Seses lifts his arm and bugs fly out of it, Lucifer's mouth starts to smoke and he blows a huge gust of fire towards him. Some bugs float near the ground as his blind eyes see a vague image of everything around him and he guides his foot in an unorthodox stance. "First comes being patience, then diligence, then..." He starts to say as a clear aura sparks off him and he puts his left hand in front of him, the fire inches towards him. The bugs slide his foot to the proper side as he vanishes and appears right under his chin and delivers an uppercutting palm. It snaps his head upwards, along with the fire he spit just seconds ago and it leaves the building entirely; He growls and Seses smirks, "What? Don't tell me you didn't expect me to do such an action? All those years I spent on my ass, I wasn't just on my ass, I studied everything there is to study." He says as Lucifer rubs his jaw and snaps it back in place. He sees Genesis step outside along with everyone else and his body snaps, his mouth rips opens and another version of him leaps out, bursts towards her. A blue spark zaps across her as a fist delivers directly to his face, he hits the ground hard after the impact, another spark appears and he rolls out of the way of the gigantic crater created. He gets up as he sees the crater, a series of blue sparks fly around him and multiple shots land across his body. A leg sweeps both of his legs from underneath him and a heel drives into his face, the sparks connect to one another to form a humanistic shape; Hiro emerges in place of the sparks, "What did I miss?" He says as Genesis rushes to him and hugs him. Rio walks out and sees him, he starts to shake, Miyaki sees him and lays a hand on his back. "What's wrong, man?" He asks as Rio turns to Axel and he sees his face. Axel grabs his hammer's handle and slowly walks outside, "Axel? What are you doing?" Miyaki asks him as he dashes forward and swings his hammer above his head, he slams the ground where Hiro is standing. Several feet away from the smoke, Hiro with Genesis in his arms smirks and looks over at the crater Axel creates and sees him walk out of it, "Now. Apparently I must've missed a lot to not know this shiny gold dip-shit wanting to attack me." He says with Genesis gets off to her feet as Axel says nothing and drags his hammer on the ground. "Murderer..." He utters as he raises his hammer and swings down to his hip. BenKei appears underneath the hammer with his hand glowing to stop the momentum of the swing. "BenKei? Why is your hair green?" Hiro asks as BenKei stares at Axel, "Long story, I'll explain later." He says as Axel growls. "Move, little monk, you have nothing to do with this." Axel orders as BenKei's eyes flare up. "It has everything to do with me." He replies as Axel drops his hammer to the side and cracks his knuckles. "Very well. You will defend him 'til the bitter end, I see. You don't remember what you did, do you remember what you did during one of your missions? All the people you killed and destruction you've left behind, someone had to be held responsible." Rio says as he raises his hand. "Yeah. I have a past and so does everyone else, I don't live in regrets it only slows me down." He says as Axel smirks. "I'm supposed to abide by your statement?" He asks as Hiro shrugs. "I don't give a fuck what you believe, it's what I said. Take it or leave it." He replies as Axel laughs. "We all have a common goal, a common objective, you shall not fight here. I know this scenario far too well, Hiro, don't do it." Seses says as Hiro turns to him with a confused look. "What did you say?" Hiro asks as Seses nods. "You heard me, given your ego and strong demeanor towards things, you could have a few good hits in but you will suffer at a great cost." He says as BenKei exhales and dusts himself off. "You, monk, we shall fight one day when this is all over." Axel says as they both smile to the duel, Miyaki sharpens his sword and looks at himself at the reflection of himself in the blade. "So what do we do now?" Miyaki asks as Seses stares off in the distance. "Don't get off the pedal yet, I'm afraid I sense some company coming." He says as one bug flies out of his ear.