"Delta Princess Fenrir!" Sir Vykyrie exclaimed, snapping Audrey back to herself as she blinked a couple of times and mumbled a soft sorry, then she continued,

"Perhaps half an hour passed, and I was just suddenly and agonisingly held down by a stupid bear trap, and not just one; there were literally hundreds of bear traps all over the woods that day!"

I mentally felt like slapping myself.

Great teaching, big sister.

"Before I could free myself, I was suddenly stabbed and got thrown by silver daggers laced with wolfsbane for no apparent reason. Like it was a silly hunting party for the Hunter with not even a single evidence of my wrongdoings for me to be treated that way, like a rogue."

I felt really bad, like absolutely sick to the stomach. In a way, I really felt like what happened was mostly my fault; no, it was entirely my fault.

Suddenly, Atlas' warm hand pulled me closer to him, igniting those sparks everywhere and calming my heart a little.

"It will be alright, Tatiana."

I couldn't reply; I couldn't really speak, knowing there was really nothing I could ever say that would be okay, so in return, I squeezed his hand and leaned closer to him. Being this close to him brought me warmth and comfort, making my anxiety get lesser and lesser.

Although from this distance I could also feel the way Dad was staring at me and Atlas since he was seated with the rest of the leaders as the representative of our (my former) Hunter family, His dark orbs burned with such disappointment and anger, but at the same time he was smirking as if he were planning something. And perhaps he really was.

I mean, why else would he report this incident firsthand when it's obviously our side's fault? He just wanted me to get into trouble; he wants to make my life miserable, and to do that, he wants to control me like before.

There's just no escaping my dad, is there?

"One last question, Your Royal Highness," Sir Vykyrie said, and Audrey turned her head and nodded.

"Did you intentionally turn Tatiana Arianell Hunter, the current Luna of your pack and former Huntress, off the New York Hunters?" The High Judge asked.

"No, Sir Vykyrie. I scratched her by the neck down to her shoulder blades and back accidentally in self-defence from the attack," she truthfully answered.

Just mentioning the scratch made me unconsciously touch my neck, but it's all healed now as if nothing happened.

"But is it true that Tatiana Arianell Hunter did not want to be a part of the Mystical Pack, let alone be Luna in the first place?" Sir Vykyrie asked again.

Well shit.

"Yes, bu--" After saying yes, the High Judge instantly cut her off, already satisfied with the answer.

"That is all I want to hear for now, Your Royal Highness. Thank you. You may return to your seat."

With that, the three of us let out a harsh sigh as Audrey walked back again towards our seats. She hugged her mate before sitting down next to him.

I know this is it.

Atlas' hold on my hand tightened as if he didn't want to let me go and go there, but I knew how much he was also supporting me to be strong and independent, to make my own choices, and to have my own voice, which I didn't have when I was with my former family. And I've just been learning that, all thanks to him.

"Now may I call upon the youngest child and next-in-line leader of the New York Hunters, Silver Atticus Hunter III, to please take a stand in front?"

Before anyone could say anything after that, I let go of my friend's hand and stood up.