"First of all, how did you know I talked to him, and second, we weren't flirting." I roll my eyes, closing my locker.

"Whatever, just stay away from him." She groans and walks away.

"Hey!" I jump three feet in the air as someone grabs my shoulder.

"Austin? You scared me!" He blushes and looks down, embarrassed.

"Oops, sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted to walk home with me?"

Is he asking me out?! Well kinda. I mean, it's not really a date, just walking. I guess-

"Hello, Ally?" Austin asks, waving his hand in front of my face. Oops, I must've zoned out.

"Sure Austin, I'd love to."

I turn and start to walk out of the school with Austin next to me. To my surprise, he grabs my hand and intertwines our fingers. I gasp silently and look up at him. He's just looking forward, this doesn't seem like a big deal to him, so I just look away to hide the bright pink tint that has appeared on my cheeks.

Austin's POV

I walk Ally home, never once letting go of her hand. Just interlocking my fingers with hers gave me a feeling that Cassidy never could. Sure, Cassidy's hot. But Ally's beautiful, and smart, and nice, and funny, and-

Snap out of it Austin! You're just friends. You're just holding hands as friends. The sparks you feel are just...friendship sparks?

"Austin? Austin!" Ally's beautiful voice snaps me out of my daze.

"What is it?" I ask, confused.

"This is my house." Ally giggles and points to her front door.

I blush. "Oh, oops."

"Why don't you come in for a little bit, we can do our homework together. I mean, only if you want to." She rushes the last part.

"I'd love to." We walk up her front steps and I open the door for her.

"Why thank you gentlemen." Ally curtsies, giggling.

I chuckle. "You're welcome, your highness."

I step inside and close the door behind me. "Mom, I'm home!" Ally yells upstairs.

Her mom soon walks down the stairs. "Oh, who's this?" She smiles, seeing our hands.

We both blush, realizing we were still holding hands, and let go. "This is Austin." Ally gestures to me and I shake her mom's hand.

"Well it's very nice to meet you Austin."

"Nice to meet you too, Mrs. Dawson."

"Please, call me Penny." She smiles.

"We're gonna do our homework outside, okay mom?"

"That's fine honey, go ahead." She winks at us and I blush as we walk outside.

Ally's POV

We start to work on our chemistry homework together, laying down on a blanket in the grass. Well, I was doing my homework, Austin was kinda just staring at me.

"Uh, Austin, are you gonna do your homework?"

"Nah, I have something way more interesting to look at." I blush and he lifts my face up so that my eyes meet his.

We both start to lean in until our lips are only centimeters apart. Right before our lips meet, I pull away sighing. I really want to kiss him, but I can't.

Austin looks at me confused. "Whats wrong?"

I look into his eyes. "What about Cassidy?"

"Oh, right. Well, I'll take care of that right now." He pulls out his cellphone and dials Cassidy's number, putting it on speaker.

"Austin, what are you-" He puts a finger to my lips.

"Shhh." I giggle at his silliness.

"Hey babe." Cassidy answers the phone.

"Hi Cassidy, I have to tell you something."

"Okay...what is it?"

"I'm breaking up with you." I gasp quietly.

"What do you mean?! Is this a joke?!" She starts to panic slightly and I giggle.

"No, we're over, bye Cassidy." Austin presses the end button and turns back to me. "Now, where were we."

He starts to lean in again, but I stop him. "Wait, are you sure you want to break up with her for me? I mean, she's much prettier than I am."

I look down and he places his hand on my chin and lifts my head up so that my eyes meet his once again. "Are you kidding me? Sure she's pretty, but you're beautiful. You're kind, and sweet, and amazing in every way."

A tear drips down my cheek, and he wipes it away with his thumb before leaning in and connecting our lips in a sweet, gentle kiss.