Chapter Twenty: Finally

Start from the beginning

"Why didn't you say anything?" he asked pulling me into his chest.

I clung to him, "It isn't your problem." I sobbed.

"I care about you. I really do." he unwrapped my arms from around his body and stared at the cuts. I let out a choked sob. "Shaina," he whispered tenderly. "You don't have to face them alone." he reached up to cup my cheek. I leaned into his hand and closed my eyes. "Let me face them with you." Then he leaned forward and gently pressed his lips to mine. I sighed into his mouth and kissed him back. I thrusted all of the pain and anger into that kiss and he kissed me back with the same ferocity.

"Shaina," he sighed against my lips.

"Hm?" I mumbled nipping at his bottom lip.

He cupped my cheek and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I nodded and kissed him softly. "Come on." I whispered. "Let's get you cleaned up."

I stood up from the ground pulling him with me. He sat down on my bed as I cleaned his face. I placed the butterfly sutures on his cheek. He turned and placed the lightest of kisses on the inside of my wrist.

"Now you ribs. Take your shirt off."

"Oh, Shaina. Eager are we?" he said smirking.

I laughed quietly. "It's not like I haven't seen a guy's bare chest before."

He laughed and tugged his shirt over his head.

I gently ran my hands over his ribs feeling for a break. He sighed a little bit. I felt my face heat up.

"Um it-it doesn't feel like you have a break. It's probably just a bruise. I'll tape it just to be sure."

I quickly turned away so he wouldn't see my red face and rummaged in the box for tape.

I wrapped his ribs tightly. He winced some but other than that was fine.

He took my wrists gently, "Now, let me clean you."

Matthew tugged me into the bathroom, picked me up, and placed me on the counter. We were now the same height. He pulled my sweatshirt over my head and chucked it into the corner. I was left in a tank top. "Where is a wash cloth?" he asked quietly.

I pointed to the cabinet to my left. He pulled out a wash cloth and wet it in the sink.

He took my arm and gently scrubbed the dried blood from it.

I whimpered as he ran the washcloth over the deeper cuts.

"I'm sorry, baby." he whispered.

He tossed the, now tinted pink, washcloth into my sink. Then he kissed each gash up my forearm tenderly.

I felt a tear run down my cheek and I choked out a small sob.

Matthew looked up at my watery eyes. "What's the matter, Sweet Pea?" he asked reaching up to cup my cheek.

I threaded my fingers through his. "I've never had anyone who cared about me so much."

"Well now you have me." he stated pressing a gently kiss on my lips.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. His hands settled on my waist and he settled between my legs. The kisses got hot and heated quickly.

"Promise," I gasped out between kisses. "Promise me you won't leave me."

"I promise." Matthew growled against my lips. "I will never ever leave you."

I smiled and he connected our lips again with bruising ferocity.

He suddenly picked me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist.

Matthew carried me into my room and laid me on the bed covering me with his body without ever breaking the kiss.

I immediately stiffened. He must have felt my reaction because he pulled away from my lips and placed gently kisses up my jaw to my ear. "We don't have to do anything but kiss unless you want to." Matthew whispered. "I won't force you into anything you aren't ready for."

I nodded and pressed my lips to his. His tongue grazed my bottom lip and I quickly aloud him entrance.

Before long I aloud my hands to roam over his bare back. I felt scars, big and small, lining his back. He dropped his head to my shoulder and shivered as my fingers grazed them gently.

"Matthew." I said softly, my hands coming to rest on his shoulders. He lifted his head to look at me. I tangled my fingers in the soft hair at the base of his skull. "You're safe now."

His eyes darkened and he smashed his lips against mine. I gripped his hair and kissed him back trying to take control of the kiss. He chuckled low in his throat and kissed me harder keeping control.

Matthew's hands skimmed my sides till they met the hem of my tank top. He twisted his hands in it and pulled away from the kiss. "Is this okay?"

I bit my lip and nodded. I realized in that moment that Matthew was the one I wanted to give my gift too.

"Are you sure? I don't want to force you." he told me gently.

I grabbed his chin and looked him in the eye, "Matthew, I trust you with my everything. I'm positive."

He nodded and swiftly pulled my shirt over my head and reconnected our lips.

Before I knew it Matthew took my everything. He was completely sweet. He was so gentle and asked before everything he did. I knew in the instant he connected us, I loved him.

Yes they did it... So FINALLY they are together! I really hope you guys enjoyed this chapter I've been waiting for so long to post this chapter!!

Enjoy!

Avery