Chapter Fourteen: Get to Know Him a Bit More

Surprise! I actually finished the update early! So here you go!!

I heard Matthew thunder down the stairs. I wiped my eyes and tucked my phone into the waistband of my shorts.

"Here you go!" Matthew gently tucked the pillow underneath my head and draped the blanket over me. "Alright you want something to eat or drink?"

"Just a glass of water, please." I requested quietly.

"Sure..." he said skeptically. "Are you alright?"

I nodded and turned away looking for the tv remote. Matthew didn't press he just left.

I turned on the tv and found Four Weddings. I loved that show.

"Here's your water, my lady." he said as he set the glass down.

"Thanks," I mumbled and turned my attention back to the tv.

Matthew wrestled the remote out of my grasp and paused the television. "Shaina, what's up? Something's wrong. What is it?"

"I don't wanna talk about it. Honestly, you're acting like my best friend but I barely know you..." I ranted frustrated.

He shrugged. "Well, what do you want to know?"

I dragged my hand through my hair and it came away greasy. I realized I hadn't showered in two days. I immediately felt disgusting.

"Hang on. We'll continue this conversation after I take a shower. I feel gross."

Matthew jumped up. "Do you need help?"

I eyed him. "Noooo..."

"I meant getting up there not actually showering." he said his cheeks turning slightly pink.

"Oh! Um yeah if you would help me."

Matthew gathered me in his arms and took me upstairs. He set me down on my bed. "What else can I do?"

"Go down the hall and the first door on your left is the laundry room. Grab me two of the pink towels."

Matthew left. I felt my phone buzz against my hip. I worked it out of the waistband of my shorts and read the text.

It was from Chad. Alice is a total b****!

What'd she do? I texted back quickly.

She's spreading rumors about you. And there are a ton more flyers.

That b****! Thanks for the heads up, Chaddy. I'll deal with her when I get back.

Also I found out she paid Kyle and his friends to jump you...

Of course she did! Thanks, Chad. I'll see you later.

I dropped my phone onto my pillow just as Matthew came back in. "Here are the towels."

"Great. Just put them in my bathroom."

Matthew set the towels down on my sink. "Alright. You good to go?"

I nodded. "Yup."

"Call me if you need anything." And with that he left closing my door behind him.

I slowly stood up off my bed. Thankfully the pain medication hadn't worn off yet and I was able to carefully get into my bath tub and just chill.

After awhile of soaking, my phone started ringing. I reached over the side of my bath tub and grabbed it. I answered it without thinking, putting in on speaker, "Hello?"