Chapter Twelve

(A/N Hey guys this update may be short to but i think alot happend. Some places I'm going to go back and fix some things and shape them up but not right cause im lazy.

I stood next to Glenstorm waiting for Edmund's signal. I was growing with worry, it shouldn't have taken this long. I glanced up at Glenstorm and he gave me a reassuring smile. I looked up at the night sky. The siloet(I honestly have no idea how to spell it) of the castle stood out against the night. There was a flash of light from Edmunds torch. I shifted to my lioness and began to run forward as Glenstorm bellowed
"Charge!"

We sprinted forward myself running a little further than the others. Two guards came into view drawing their swords. I let out a roar and pounced.

We burst through the archway with battle cries. I ran beside Susan and we charged into battle. I pounced and clawed at anything within reach. I didn't know how long I fought. I just knew every muscle in my body burned. I looked around me. There were Telmarine soldiers positioned above us ready to fire waves of arrows. I saw a minotaur leap up and attempt to end Miraz. But with in the blink of an eye General Glozel was there. An arrow buried its self in the minotaurs shouder. Then to my utter horror Miraz pushed the beast to his death.

An intense anger burned through me. I took a mighty leap and landed on the balconies edge. To Miraz and Glozels surprise I lept at Miraz. I pinned him to the floor. I snared and dragged my claws down his face. I then felt a buring pain in my side. I saw the archers aim trained on me. I then realized what stupid mistake I had made. So I leapt past them and over the side of the balcony. I shifted in to a bird mid fall to slow my momentum. As I landed I shifted back to human. My hand reached to to my side and felt and arrow lodged there.

"Fall Back!" I heard Peter scream. I looked around and my eyes landed on a Minotaur that kept the heavy iron gate from collapsing. All around me people were dying again. Three horses galloped past  carrying Cornelius, Caspian, and Peter.

"Willow!" Peter screamed. I launched into a sprint trying to catch up. He stuck his arm out and I grabbed it swinging up into the saddle behind him, the arrow forcing its way further into my side. We made a fairly large jump that jarred it even further. On The ride out of the village I sighed and leanded my head against Peter's back.

"Willow?" I heard him speak.

"Yes Peter?" I asked looking up at the back of his head.

"I am sorry, I should have listened to you. I've made a big mistake and now many have paid the price for it." I could feel vibrations through his back as he spoke.

"Peter you did what you thought was right. And in a way it was, the Telemarines now know that we will not back down."  He looked back at me and that was when I realized how much pressure he was under. His eyes held sorrow and he had bags  under them. He smiled down at me but it was a tight lipped one that did not reach his eyes.

~♤~

We walked toward the How, the pain in  my side forgotten, but the pain in my heart was fresh. I saw Lucy run from the How looking crestfallen.

"What happened?" she asked. Peter had a disgusted look on his face.

"Ask him." He snarled throwing a dirty look at Caspian.

"No! You don't get to point fingers!" I yelled marching forward. He looked slightly taken aback but it didn't weaken his anger.

"Neither of you get to point fingers!" I ranted.

"Why don't you... oh I don't know, maybe start thinking before we go through with our actions." I stopped for a moment to look at my side. I then looked at Caspian. With out breaking eye contact I ripped the arrow out of my side.

"And you! If you wouldn't had let your revenge get in the way and stuck to the plan, things may have gone differently " I said pointing the arrow at him, the tip was bloodied.

"Never have I been surrounded by people so selfish. People who would rather let loyal people die because of their ego or their revenge." I finsished before storming into the How.