Chapter 5

Jade's POV

I drove Vega home. The whole time she's just sadly staring out the window. I hated seeing her like this. I wish I could put that beautiful smile back on her face. When we get to her house, I notice there are no cars there.

"There's no one home?"
She nods sadly. Then, slowly gets out of the car.
"Do you want me to stay with you?" I ask. I really want to make her feel better, and if keeping her company is going to make her feel happy again, then that's what i'll do.

She nods again.
I get out of the car as Vega's opening the front door. We walk inside and sit on her couch. I noticed her face, her eyes red and puffy from crying, her makeup, all ruined by her tears. I can't believe she went through something like that. Despite having her makeup ruined, she still looks beautiful. I notice that she starts blinking, and I realize that she's blinking back tears. She's really trying to control herself. Before she can even start crying I wrap her in my arms again.

Tori's POV

This time Jade hugs me, but I don't cry. I've never seen this side of Jade before. But it's nice to know she does care about me, even a little.

Finally I speak up,

"Do you want some water?" I ask her.
She shakes her head no.

"Are you feeling better?" She asks me, worried.

"A little, thanks for driving me home." I tell her.

"Don't worry about it." She says.

"Jade?" I ask.

"Yea?" She replies.

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I wonder out loud.

"Alright, if you tell anyone this I'll deny it, but seeing you like that, it scared me. I've never seen you in so much pain. And it..."

"What?" I ask.

"Never mind." She said.