22: The Broken Luna

Start from the beginning

I could if you would actually help me every now and then, don't you think?

Keep dreaming, human...

That freaking mutt

Honestly, how did I get partnered with such the worst wolf ever?

I ask the goddess the same thing each day...

Instantly, I blocked her from my mind.

"You're at it again with Talyia?" Atlas smiled as he must've noticed my growing anger and annoyance in my face.

"Always." I sighed heavily.

"You know Zion can help you tame your wolf," Audrey said, making my eyes widen at her and Zion.

This mutt can be tamed. Hell yes!

You wish!

Oh shut up, Talyia.

"Yep, I'm the wolf tamer expert in the pack since I am half human, so I have more control with my wolf. I'll be glad to teach you after all of this is settled, Luna Tatia. But on a more serious note though, what and who exactly are we going to defend here? I'm still quite confused."

I sighed heavily. Me and Audrey are literally on opposite sides of that incident. We both committed different crimes; me and my brother attacked a wolf, a royal one at that, without any substantial reason, ultimately breaking one of the rules of the Hunter's Code. While she accidentally scratched my neck and back, turning me into a wolf without my permission. But still, I know that it was still our fault, and we are the ones who should be punished, not Audrey.

"We're going to truthfully tell them what exactly happened that day, and we'll let the council leaders decide what's to be the outcome of the story. But we will also try to defend the two, so hopefully they can only have a light punishment."

A light punishment, how I wish

I heard stories about the way the Council Leaders discipline any creatures to put them in line; it never ends pretty well for the accused one just to make sure that they wouldn't dare do it again, but if they do it for the third time, then eventually the punishment, without any further argument, will be decapitation.

"TATI! TATI! YOU'RE HERE! YOU'RE ALIVE!"

My eyes widened when suddenly my little brother appeared from behind the doors.

I almost feel like tearing up, as it has been a long time since the last time I've seen my brother. Honestly, I didn't think that I would ever get to see him again after everything that happened in the woods. But here he was shouting my name excitedly, and he immediately ran to my arms, making me pull him into a tight embrace, not wanting to let him go.

"I missed you so much, Third," I cried out.

"I-I thought you were dead. Dad said you were dead, and we-- WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THEM?! ESPECIALLY WITH HER?!"

Our sad brother and sister reunion was immediately cut short when he instantly noticed the three werewolves behind me, with Audrey being the one who stood out most to him.

Third instantly stood in front of me with full alertness in an offensive position, ready to attack, as if he were trying to protect me from them. He despises werewolves with passion, exactly like our father taught us. I just wonder how my sweet and protective little brother will react when he finds out that I am one of them now too.

"Hello to you too, kiddo."

Audrey rolled her eyes and even waved at Third, but Zion, Audrey's mate, did not like anyone threatening his mate, not even a kid. He was glaring daggers at my brother.