Grave Consequences

Sierra stopped dead once she heard that Liam's father had dug up a wolf skeleton. A werewolf skeleton to be all precise about it.

Sierra began to panic and Maddy looked at her, as Sierra recognized a bullet wound, and Sierra runs out of the room, and she slammed the door to the darkroom behind her.

She had her head in her hands as she struggled not to shift in school when a bullet wound was shown.

Rhydian knocks gently on the door of the darkroom, and she sighed as she'd open it, only after she was absolutely, all the way sure, that she had control.

"You heard it right? We are gonna be going up to the field on break. Are you up for it?" He asked, as she lowers her head briefly.

"Hey, you don't have to come. I saw the hole in his head as well. It must be bringin' back terrible things, for you."

He said and she quickly moved her head up again to lock her eyes with his, and in them now, there was very much an unforeseen determination in her eyes.

"I need to conquer my fear of it, I figure now will be as good a time as any, right?" He smiled slightly as she followed him outside as the break bell rang.

"I don't know if I'll be able to use Ansin. It might be horrifying, what I see. I don't want to wolf out on all of you, or worse... not be able to leave it behind." Sierra whispered and Jana's eyes blazed.

"If I'm doing it, so are you!" She grabbed Sierra's hand and practically forced it down, quickly and gently on the skeleton's skull.

Sierra's eyes sharply now, shone through as their wolf color, of icy blue as she began to panic, her breathin' in the air becoming rapid and short.

"Jana?" Rhydian asked.

"Sierra, are you all right?" Maddy asked and suddenly Rhydian pulled Sierra away from the skeleton and a second later, Jana pulls back at once.

Sierra held her head in her hands as she rocks back and forth, tryin' to get ahold of herself and her wolf again.

"He was killed, during transformation." Jana whispered and she was still breathing heavily, as they crouched next to Sierra, who was now shaking with terror.

"The bullet. It's-- It's here." She whispered and she bowed her head a bit and her veins began to blacken out as she panicked, strugglin' to control it all now.

"Come on, Sierra, let's go. We have to go now!" Rhydian snaps and they had to drag her, before she ran with them.

"The rite of Friogearde!" Jana hissed at them as Sierra walks into the room and sat next to them. "Don't tell me that you've never heard of it?" Jana's eyes were wide with disbelief.

"I have. Did you, all do it for my parents?" Sierra murmured quietly and Jana looks at her.

"Of course we did. Your parents are some of the most respected members of our deceased pack." Jana muttered to her. "It's one of the most important ceremonies in the Wolfblood world!"

"Until last week, you hadn't heard of flushing toilets!" Maddy pointed out to her and Sierra groans quietly, as then, Rhydian snickered at her.

"When a Wolfblood dies, the living must guide his soul to the One Pack in the afterlife. Without that, he's lost for eternity." Jana said quietly.

"Look, I'm sorry, Jana, but we can't put your beliefs above our safety. As long as those people are out there, we are stayin' away." Maddy says harshly to her as Sierra scoffs quietly. "What?"

"I agree with Jana. He deserves to be guided into the One Pack, into it with or without your family involved." She says coldly, and Maddy looks shocked at her.

"You may be an alpha around the school, but you are not my alpha and if anything, I'm yours!" Maddy growls at her and Sierra's fists, they clenched at her sides.

"You're welcome to try and assert some dominance over me... my so great and wonderful alpha." Sierra snaps quietly and Maddy pushed her quickly and Sierra stood solid up and Maddy pushed her again.

They were all at the scene of the wolfblood skeleton on the field and now Dr Whitewood had pulled out a silver musket ball from the skeleton.

Sierra ran off at once, holding her hand over her mouth to try and not lose her lunch in front of everyone.

"Sierra!" She heard many of the students shout out, as she stumbled and fell onto her knees hard, as she let everything, and literally everythin' now, out of her stomach.

Sierra heaved everything up until there was nothing left to do so, and she groans as she did now feel really sick about all of this.

She came back to the field, looking horrified at the sight of the bones all being packed up now.

It was only an hour later when the tent collapsed, Sierra grabbed the two coolers of bones along with Rhydian not a second too soon and they all ran off along with Jana.

"Well done." She said quietly as they all howled from around the skeleton, under the moonlight.