26. One Year of Love

Start from the beginning

"And what's your excuse, Rog?" Brian asked, turning to the blonde who had snuck in last after Freddie.  "Last of the last, late of the late."

"It's a good excuse."

"Okay then, let's hear it."

"I rang Priya."

"So you two are keeping in touch then."

"We sure are." 

"She mentioned she'd been talking with you when I rang her the other day," said Lettie.

"See, I even have evidence to back it up," Roger said, gesturing to Lettie.   "Your girlfriend's word." 

"And how is she doing?"

"Good, very busy, but good."

"Good, glad to hear.  And that's a pretty good excuse then.  Better than Fred's, at least."

"Oi! Take it up with Benny."

"I just might." 

"Well I'll leave you boys to it, now you're all here," said Lettie. "Have a good rehearsal, see you in a couple of hours."

"Thanks, Love, see you."

"Bye Darling!"

"Bye Lettie!"

Leaving them to their rehearsal, Lettie headed to the family shop.

"Hi Lettie!" chimed Petra, peeking out from behind the shelf she was organizing when Lettie arrived at the shop. 

"Hi Petra." 

"How are you?"

"Good thanks, you?"

"Brilliant!"

Following his heart attack, the family had finally managed to convince Frank to put out an advert to hire another employee at the shop. He took Chip's idea though, wanting to make sure it was someone with Greek heritage as well.

That was how Petra had come along. She was in her thirties, bubbly and energetic, and could speak fluent Greek, which was a bonus. 

When Lettie headed into the back room to suit up - 'apron-up' - she heard Chip speaking on the phone.

"My sister's out at the moment unfortunately - oh, wait, she just got here!" He held the phone away from his hear, covering it with his hand.  "Good timing!" he hissed to her.  "It's that Maureen lady."

Lettie's heart skipped.  "Maureen Watson from Biba?"

"Yes, her!"

"Oh, give it then!" She pretty much snatched the phone right out of his hands and pushed him out of the way.  "Hello, Ms. Watson, this is Juliette.  Sorry, I just arrived at the shop, glad I caught you." She made a shooing gesture to Chip who was just standing in the doorway, and he left her to have her phone conversation. 

---------------------------------

"Excellent John, it sounds great!" Freddie praised as the last note of the song faded away.

John grinned.  "Thanks, Freddie."

"Well, boys, I think we're off to a good start," remarked Roger.

"I agree with Rog," said Brian.

"Really? You hear that? Brian May agrees with me!"

"Don't get used to it."

Suddenly, the doors to the rehearsal room were flung open and Lettie burst into the room. 

"I got it! I got the job! I'm officially working at Biba!" Then she stopped as quickly as she had jumped into the room.  "Oh, no, I didn't interrupt, did I?"

"No, Darling, we just finished up," Freddie told her, smiling.  "But with news like that, we wouldn't mind it if you interrupted!"

"I got it! I got the job!" Lettie was bouncing around on her toes in excitement. 

"Oh my God!" Brian opened his arms and she jumped into them in a hug. "I'm so happy for you!"

"Thank you! I can't believe this is really happening!" she cried as he spun her around in a hug. 

"Congratulations, Lettie," said John.

"Thanks, John!"

"This calls for celebration!" Roger cried.

"Roger's always looking for a reason to celebrate."

"Yes, indeed, Fred. And don't you agree?"

"Definitely, Darling!"

"Let's go!"

This was the start of something new and exciting. 

And it was  still only just beginning. 

As it began...

(As it began indeed! :) One chapter left - see you all there!

As always, thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed! :))