15 - Unexpected Turn of Events

Start from the beginning

The spaceship was spinning.

The first thing she thought of was her older brother, Chase Freeman. 

"Kids, come on," their principle said. "Let's go back inside. You have class.

The principle and the teachers tried to get the students to go back into the school but they failed.

The high school students from Midtown High came out.

There was a school bus that was suppose to be gone was still there.

Chase and his class came out of the bus to star up at the sky in awe as well to see Iron Man and some heroes fighting something.

He looked over to the elementary to see Hailey.

"Hailey!" Chase called to her.

Iron Man and his friends disappeared.

"Chase!" she called back.

Her teachers tried to stop her from running to her older brother, but they failed. She ran to him and hugged him.

"What's going on?" Hailey asked him.

"I don't know," he said.

The teachers at the high school an elementary school tried to get their students back into school. Some kids from the elementary rushed to their older siblings, asking questions on what happened.

The spaceship disappeared into the sky. 

Minutes passed and the teachers still failed at getting the students back inside. 

The principles in both schools threatened detention and the elementary students being kept in for recess, but it didn't work. They all knew that they were empty threats.

Hailey and Chase heard screaming from their peers.

They looked around to see some students turning to dust.

Some teachers turned to dust as well.

Hailey's heart great quickened out of fear.

What if she turns into dust as well? 

Her minded raced and the fear she felt worsened.

She turned back to Chase to see like some of their peers, he was turning to dust.

"H - Hailey," he said, fearfully.

"Chase," she said. "Chase!" 

"Hailey, it'll be oka -" he began but he never finished his sentence.

"Chase!" she cried out.

Hailey woke up, sweating.

She didn't realize she was crying until she felt something wet drop on her hand.

She sniffed as she wiped away the tears streaming down her face.

Hailey took a deep breath and looked at her clock. It was 2 AM.

She laid back on her bed and covered herself, wishing she could forget watching the day her brother turn to dust.

Losing him was one of the hardest things she and her family went through. 

Five years later and she still dreaming of the day he died. Even with him being back, it was hard to forget.

Hailey drifted off back into a sleep. This time, it was a dreamless sleep.