"I didn't let her go! You know I fought, Jessey. I did what I can do, alam mo yan!" Ly interrupted.

"Yeah. But its clearly not enough. 'Cause if it is, wala sana tayo dito ngayon. Masaya pa sana kayo ngayon." Jessey said.

"Pero, tao lang din ako. I get tired of things na paulit-ulit nangyayari. I have always been the one who endures the pain and suffers in silence. Is it not right to choose myself this time?" Ly said.

"We both know na you went here not because you chose yourself. You went here because you still chose her. You knew being away from her would help her adjust. She'll be able to forget you easily kasi malayo ka." Jessey said. "Wag naman tayo maglokohan dito, Ly. Those times na you were telling me to give this trip to you, totoo bang para sayo lang 'to? Did you honestly think na this will help you or you did this just so you can help Den?" Hindi nakasagot si Alyssa kasi halos lahat ng sinasabi ni Jessey, totoo. "Ly, if you really want it, do it. Choose yourself. For yourself."

"How do I do that?" Ly asked.

"Acceptance. You have to accept na Den still matters to you the way she did before. You have to accept na every little thing she does makes the most impact as it did to your life before. You have to accept the pain and from there, you'd know what to do. Either you'll choose yourself or you choose nothing at all." Jessey answered. "Bakit? Kasi alam naman natin na choosing yourself means choosing to make yourself happy. And sino bang magpapasaya sayo?"

"Si D--"

"Please, don't. Spare me." Jessey said.

"Okay. She makes me happy in her own little ways. She's not even aware of it but she really does." Ly said.

"You think you spared me with that?" Jessey sarcastically asked.

"Kind of?" Ly said.

"Fine." Jessey said and they both chuckled. "Pero, ako na nagsasabi sayo, di ka pa nga pwede umuwi."

"You think?" Ly asked.

"I know!" Jessey said. "Stay here until you feel complete again."

"What if she gets tired of me all over again? What if pag balik ko its too late for me? For us?" Ly asked again.

"Love waits." Jessey answered.

"Hanggang kelan?" Tanong na naman ni Alyssa.

"I'm not the one who can answer that." Jessey said and smiled.

"Eh sino? Dalawa lang tayo dito!" Sabi ni Alyssa.

"Tawagan mo?" Jessey said.

"No. Not gonna do that." Ly said.

"Your choice." Jessey said. "Choice mo naman talaga lahat eh. Sabi mo nga diba, ilalaban mo na love is a choice. Natatandaan ko yung interview mo na yun back in your UAAP days! Sabi mo, love is a choice kasi you'll really choose to love that thing and that person everyday. Pipiliin mo talaga. Araw-araw." She said. "Ikaw, matanda ka na, alam mo na what choices to make."

"San mo ba nakukuha yang mga ganan mo?" Ly asked again.

"Basta, hindi sayo." Jessey answered and went to the kitchen to get some drink.

Ly just shook her head while smiling. Maybe, Jessey's right. She has to choose herself and make herself happy. Not now, but when she's ready.

∆∆∆∆∆

"Ly, san gig niyo later?" Jessey asked. They're walking now, going to the laundry shop.

"Brettos. Lagi naman eh." Ly answered.