Conversation

You wake up to darkness once again, it is probably late evening. You lift up your hands and rub your eyes, then you realize that you are no longer chained to the bed. Relieved, you sit up and stretch your arms high above your head. You then stand up, and remembering where the door is, you walk out of the room. Outside, there is a hallway, lined with torch lights, and a window at the far end. There are other rooms along the sides of the hallway, as well as a staircase, which you choose to take. The stairs creak with every step, but before you can scale half of the staircase, you hear familiar voices. They belong to Newt and Alby. "That new girl is something else," Alby says, and laughs. "Definitely," Newt says, he sounds like he is dazed. "You know, if I didn't know any better, I would think you have some special feelings for her," Alby laughs again, "Shut up!" Newt says flustered. Alby keeps laughing, but Newt doesn't sound amused. You smile a little, in spite of yourself, and blush because you think Newt is kind of cute. You hear their footsteps heading towards where you are, so you quickly head back to your bed, not knowing how they would react if they caught you. You quickly fall asleep, and vow to yourself to do more exploring the next day.