"Baby, I'm not going anywhere, I'm just gonna grab my phone so I can tell Chelsea we're postponing the trip. I didn't realize how sick you were." She seemed to calm slightly at that, but her vise like grip on my arm didn't loosen much.

"Are you coming back? Are you going to leave just like Cason?" Fear. That was the only emotion I could see clouding her eyes, and it was the only thing I'd never seen her show so blatantly. There were times when I knew she was afraid, but I'd never encountered it head on like this. Kitty was always so independent, maybe even a little too independent at times, but never scared.

"Never, whether you like it or not you're stuck with me for as long as you want me around and then some. Because if this last little while has taught me anything it's that you are worth fighting for Kitty Hughes." This seemed to ease her even more, enough so that she let go of my arm. "I'll be back in like two seconds, I just have to grab my phone."

Once I was out of the room and away from her seeing or hearing me, I had my own freak out session. What the hell was that? Was it part of the sickness? Had she been flipping out like this with Jaylee around? Why was she being so clingy? Kitty is never clingy which is one of the things I love about her. She has her life, I have mine, and we have ours. We never let any of them interfere with each other, or at least we didn't, we tried. Why does everything have to be so damn complicated? After a few deep breaths, I found my phone only to see I already had a text from Chelsea.

Chelsea (Chi Chi)- Where r u guys? Kat said u would be here like an hour ago? What is going on?

Chris (Captain freakin America)- I didn't realize how sick Kitty was. Y didn't anyone tell me it was so bad? A week!? That's too long. Has she been doing the crazy cry thing with u too?

Chelsea (Chi Chi)- She's sick? She never told me she just said she wanted to give u and Jay time to bond without her interfering

Chelsea (Chi Chi)- Crazy cry thing? Kat doesn't cry Evans

Chris (Captain freakin America)- I know!!!! That's y it freaked me the fuck out. She's been clingy too, didn't even want me to leave the room to get my phone 

Chelsea (Chi Chi)- What the hell r u doing txting me!?!?! U need to get her to a hospital ASAP somethings wrong with her. How sick has she been?

Chris (Captain freakin America)- Idk I just found out she was sick at all last night when she called to say she wasn't coming to Disney... found out this morning it's been for a week. She's not running a temp I checked a couple of times and she acted normal up until this morning when she puked and it all went downhill from there

Chelsea (Chi Chi)- U don't think she's.... u know... preggers do u?

The world began to spin, the phone slipped out of my hands, the text still blinking at me. Why hadn't I thought of that? All the signs are there, the time frame is right... I wonder if she's missed her period? Is that something I can ask? Do I beat around the bush, or just come out and ask if she could be pregnant... with my child. Holy shit, I might be a father. I mean, I am, but... this is different. Slow down Chris, this may not even be possible, for all you know she's on her period now.

Chris (Captain freakin America)- Maybe I'll ask can u keep Jay?

Chelsea (Chi Chi)- Of course but u have to keep me updated 

Chris (Captain freakin America)- Will do 

I slid my phone into my pocket and took a deep breath. Time to go ask her a question I was dreading the answer to. Part of me knew I'd be disappointed now that the thought was in my mind (a baby of my very own, one I can raise and hold for the first time, that sounds like heaven), but a bigger part of me knows that this probably isn't the best time for us to be having a child. I just got accepted for a part in a movie, which means my time will be limited, and Kitty and I aren't exactly in a great place relationship wise. So, no, it wasn't even close to ideal... but it was exciting.

When I walked into the room Kitty's tear stained face and red eyes whipped around to look at me. It wasn't until now that I was seeing how drawn and hollow her cheeks looked, how dark the circles under her eyes looked. She looked tired and broken and sick, not the best combo, yet she was still the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen.

"Hey toots."

"That was longer than two seconds." She sassed halfheartedly.

"You're right, it was. Listen, I was talking with Chelsea and she came up with something I wanted to run by you." Kitty immediately tensed, her eyes darting anywhere but me.

"What's that?" I sucked in a sharp breath and spit it out.

"She thinks you might be pregnant." She deflated, the palms of her hands going up to dig in her eyes. "Is that... could that...?"

"Yes." She whispered, still refusing to meet my gaze.

"Then we should probably get you to a doctor to find out." She shook her head, tears falling down her face once again. "Kitty? Toots, what's wrong?"

"Y-you don't have to do that. I was going to tell you, I really was. I fought with myself all night last night when you got here with whether or not I should tell you. I was hoping the perfect moment would arise and when it didn't... well, I let it go. I'm sorry." My breathing has sped up and I'm pretty sure you could hear my heartbeat from across the room.

"Kitty... what are you saying? What were you trying to tell me?" With a shaky inhale she finally met my eyes.

"I'm pregnant."