16

Kitty's p.o.v

*2 weeks later*

"Jay, did you get your toothbrush?" Our apartment was still in complete disarray from the move meaning it was nearly impossible to find anything anymore.

"Yes mommy. I dot it." I smiled at my beautiful three year old who is so mature. Part of me was grateful, while another part hated that life had thrown so much at her she had to be mature.

"I'm so proud of you. You know I love you, right?" 

"Yes mommy, I wuv you too." She rolled her eyes but let me kiss her anyway. I'd made a point of telling her constantly that I loved her to make sure she knew. Before I could say anything else a knock sounded on the door. "Daddy here! Daddy here!"

"I sure am." Chris sing songed from the doorway. I don't recall saying come in. Chris refused to even look at me, but beamed at Jaylee, catching her when she ran into his arms.

"I miss you!" He squeezed even tighter, no doubt relishing in the feeling of having her in his arms again.

"I missed you too Jay babe. How have you been?"

"I dood, mommy and me no like it here." I winced when she revealed what I was hoping to keep between us. She was just stating the facts, not only was this not a good apartment by any stretch of the mind (with its leaky faucets, god-knows-what stained ceilings, and disgusting carpet), it also wasn't home. Chris' house had become our home, and this wasn't even cutting it for an in the meantime place.

"Is that so?" Holy shit, he addressed that to me.

"Y-yeah, there's a lot wrong with it."

"Guess it didn't pay off to look ahead after all, did it?" Ouch, that was a good jab. "C'mon Jay babe, let's head out."

"Okay. Bye mommy, I wuv you!"

"I love you too baby, be sure you call me!" The anxiety didn't take any time to fill my gut, and I had a sinking feeling that it wasn't going to leave until Lee was back safe in my arms. This was the first time Chris had ever taken her away from me for more than a day, and I was already regretting ever letting him sign those papers.

~~~~

Chris' p.o.v

That apartment is a dump, nobody deserved to live there especially not the two most special people on the planet. Maybe I was being too hard on Kitty, but what she did hurt beyond belief. It stabbed straight through my heart, and skewered it only to rip it out of my chest and roast it on a fire of rage. The feeling of having Jay in my arms again was indescribable, but even as it toasted over the fire my heart yearned to hold Kitty as well.

"Daddy, why can't mommy tum wit us?" Oh joy, this should be fun to answer.

"Well sweetheart, mommy and daddy are having a little argument right now."

"You mad at her?" I nodded, not trusting my voice, and not wanting to begin balling in front of Jay.

"Yeah babe, I am. But I'm more disappointed than anything." She stayed quiet for a long moment so I assumed she was done talking about it.

"She misses you, she cries when you not there. She told Aunt Chi Chi that she wants to doe home to you." My stomach did flips at the thought of her actually saying all those things. Why wouldn't she just say them to me? I'd forgive her in a heartbeat if she'd just admit to the error of her ways.

We didn't discuss it anymore, Jaylee moving topics to something more upbeat and fun. She talked about random things she found important in her life the entire ride to my house, and continued her jabbering as we entered the house.