"I think I have everything except like toiletries packed, so I should be good to go when we leave tomorrow." A deep yawn escaped me, my automatic response to cuddle deeper into Chris' firm chest, my eyes fluttering when he began humming and running a hand through my hair. "Goodnight boss." He chuckled, the vibrations coming right through his chest, and kissed me on the head.

"Goodnight toots."

~~~~

Chris' p.o.v

What is this girl doing to me!?!? One second she wants to take things slow, and the next she's curled up in my arms asleep like it's the most normal thing in the world? Whiplash much? She was acting a little strange though, I wonder if she changed her mind about the whole taking it slow thing. God, I hope so. It felt amazing to hold her again. I was the most at ease I'd been in months, at ease enough to fall into my first peaceful sleep in all that time.

~~~~

I woke up the next morning with a crick in my neck and a stiff back. It didn't take me long to figure out why, Kitty's sleeping form and the  horrible couch the apartment provided her with the biggest give aways. The sudden urge to pee rippled through me, the equation to how I was going to get out of this position passed straight over my head. Do I wake her up? Do I hold it in? Nope, holding it is definitely not an option. What time is it?With careful movements, I leaned over and grabbed my phone off the table to check the time. Oh shit, we need to get out of here.

"Kitty. Kitty, wake up." Gentle shaking wasn't working, so I started kissing all over her face. "C'mon toots, if we're gonna pick up our daughter you gotta get up sweetheart." She began to stir, a low groan erupting from her sleepy form just as she turned and buried her face in my stomach. "There's sleeping beauty. Now can you please get up? I gotta piss."

"Good morning to you too." She giggled while rolling off of me. I didn't even get to say another word before she was darting to the bathroom, the sound of gagging meeting my ears a few moments later. I guess she's still not feeling a hundred percent then. Her skin was pale with a light sheen of sweat over it when I met her outside her bathroom.

"Aw, baby. C'mere." She trudged across the short distance into my open arms, wrapping her smaller ones around my waist. "How long has it been like this?"

"Probably about a week."

"A week!?" I exclaimed pulling back from her slightly. My wrist pushed against her forehead just as it had the night before, but still came up empty. Maybe I'm not doing it right. "Do you have a thermometer?"

"In the medicine cabinet, yeah." I grabbed her hand and pulled her into the kitchen with me, digging through her cabinets until I found what I was searching for. I placed the device to her temple and pressed the button, waiting patiently for the beep that signifies it's done. 98.3, not a fever.

"You didn't seem sick last night." She didn't answer just hugged me again, and as much as I was loving all this affection, this was not my... whatever the hell she was to me. "What's going on with you?"

"I don't know." If I thought the cuddly personality was troubling, what she did next was enough to put me into shock. She cried. Over nothing. What the fuck is wrong with her?

"Kitty, baby, sweetheart, calm down, it's okay." She shook her head, clutching onto my shirt to pull me closer.

"No it's not." She sobbed, her legs wobbling enough that I thought they might give out. With one swift motion, I lifted her into my arms and carried her to her bedroom.

"Just lay down here and relax, I'll be right back." She clung to my arm, crying harder as I tried to walk away.

"Please don't leave me. Please don't go." God, she really knew how to break a man's heart.