Two hour's later we took off toward a smaller church in the outskirts of the city. I figured here we would have less trouble but if we did I had a back up plan. We walked into the church and up to the altar. "Hey". I called out and listened to my voice echo out.

Seconds later a short white hair man approached wearing a pleasant smile. "Hello there. Can I help you?"

" I need you to marry us". I informed him.

"Lovely. When do you plan on having the ceremony?" He asked.

"Right now". Zoe said.

He chuckled and replied. "I'm sorry but it doesn't work that way. There's paperwork involved and I have a schedule to keep. Plus before I marry anyone I like to have a meeting with them and discuss the responsibility of marriage" .

Tired of hearing his rambling I removed the gun from my back. "Think you can marry us now?" I smirked as Zoe laughed.

Wow, Chelly would have a fit if she saw me pulling a gun on a preacher. Chelly may have a little crazy side but she took the Lord and all of that serious due to her father and religious upbringing. The preacher paled and his jaws begin to tremble. "I, I, I". Was all he could manage to say.

Swishing my gun around the place I said. "Look, marry us and we will be on our way. No harm will come to you as long as you keep your mouth shut about all of this".

Five minutes later Zoe and I stood in front of the altar as the preacher rambled off the necessary verses. "Do you Zoe Butino take Duel Harper as your husband?"

Zoe smiled and was all giddy. "I do.

" Duel Harper do you take Zoe Butinio as your wife? "

I glanced at her for a quick moment then spit out. "Yea, I mean okay.. I mean I do". I finally rushed out.

" I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride". The preacher declared.

I gave Zoe a quick kiss and said. "Let's go".

I placed a few hundred dollar bills in the preacher's hand then rushed out. "So are we going to have a little honeymoon my husband?" Zoe purred as she took my hand.

I looked at her dumbfounded. "Not right now. It's too risky. Let me get the Empire completely up and our records cleared and I promise we will go then... Anywhere you want to go". I promised.

" Yea, I guess that makes sense". She agreed but I could hear the disappointment in her voice.

Three month's later...

I sat behind the polished desk in what use to be my Pape's office puffing on a cigar having a celebration smoke. Last night it all went down and the Manteo family took the fall. This morning I proudly watched the news as the Harper name was cleared and the story broke. Now only to find that one eyed cop that started this all and end him.

Opening my office door I stared out into the Den that was bustling with life again. Music played, women shook their asses and deals were being made. However I won't be reaching out to my family. Let them find out on their own. Starting tomorrow I will be gaining access to our other building and begin work on it. The Harper name was back on top plus soon I would gain all of the Maneto's client's.

In the meantime I had something to take care of. Slowly I walked to the pit and opened the door. My latest victim sat tied to a chair. Stepping in front of him I shook my head. "You disappointed me Simone. We grew up together, played together as children. You use to be a trusted employee to the family yet I caught you betraying me. You was trying to locate my family and inform them that they was free and urge them to return". I accused.

" They need to know. This is their home, their right. The king needs to return and take his rightful place". He insisted.

Laughing out loud I hissed. "Not anymore. I am King here now, now my Pape not my uncle Cole. They all turned me out, thought I was a fuck up but look at me now. I alone pulled this off and brought the Empire back to what it use to be. If they want it they'll have to take it from me".

" Duel you need to contact your family. Work it out. You will need them eventually ". He tried to reason.

" it's a shame that you aren't loyal to me. What I need to do is weed out all the one's who wish my family back starting with you". I growled and opened up my gun on him until the chamber was empty.

Thirty minutes later I had his body moved to the conference room and awaited my men. It was time to come to an understanding. As they all filed in they stated horrified at Simone's bullet riddled body. "Tell me gentlemen, is there anyone here that wishes my Pape back? My family back?" I asked eyeing them.

" No sir". They all replied.

"Good, good. You see Simone wished this and as a result he paid the price for betrayal. Don't be next". I warned.

" Yes sir". They chimed as I dismissed them.

Later on I stepped from the building onto the sidewalk. For once I didn't have to worry about be seen. I was now a free man and ready to party. For old time's sale I visited an old club that we used to on. My next mission would be to gain all our businesses back starting with this one. But first I wanted to celebrate my freedom, success and drink as I watched the women dance. It wasn't long before I found myself crawling from a private room having just screwed some chic. Yes I'm married and Zoe is my queen but oddly I felt no guilt or shame for what I just did.

Going home drunk I didn't even care if she smelled another woman in me. Besides I just need sleep. Tomorrow begins another new chapter.

How do you feel about Duel now?

What's your thoughts on him actually marrying Zoe?

Do you think that he is in the wrong for not contacting the family?

Do you think he has really given up on hunting Chelly down or do you think he might one day in the future?