The Middle of Middle School By Thomas "Tom" Drake

"So if seventh grade is between sixth and eighth grade", I explained to Snooky, "and if I'm in the middle of seventh grade, I'm literally in the middle of middle school". "And soon you'll be in the middle of night school", said Grandpa Shanks from the back seat of Snooky's car. "What!?", I said shockingly. "That's right, Sonny", said Grandpa Shanks. "First of all", I said, "my name's Tom, not Sonny. Second of all, night school?" "I got a letter 'dis mornin' sayin' that you've been selected to take night school for the month of Januareh', program starts tomorrow at West". "THE RIIVALING SCHOOL", I exclaimed. "THEY'RE SO MUCH RICHER, AND THEIR CHEERLEADERS ARE SO MUCH CUTER, AND THE SWEEZEVILLE WEST JONATHONS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE SWEEZEVILLE EAST SUNSHINE". "Well you won't be on no Sunshine this spring if you don't pass night school", said Grandpa Shanks. "But me and Timids agreed that we were going on Mr. Brown's track team", I moaned. "Oh, and if you're so upset with West Sonny, you'll be happy to go to night school with them", said Shanks sarcastically.

        When we finally got to the court room, I met my girlfriend and cousin Charline. We gave each other a big hug. Kaylie Aponte was sitting a few seats away, and she did not look happy. The judge banged his gavvel to have a seated. "Today", boomed the judge, "we will decide who will be the keeper of Mr. and Mrs. Lonny Drake's treasure, rather it will be John Brown, Shanks Drake, or Ashely Greed". Mr. Brown! He never told me he knew Maria and Lonny! "Mr. Brown", called the judge, "why do you want Lonny and Maria Drake's treasure, one of the few only keys to the Timid?"

        "I want their key because me and my brothers made the Timid but my evil brother Hank Boring has all the keys to the Timid but Lonny's", responded Mr. Brown. "Would the Drakes trust you with this particular treasure?", asked the judge. "Lonny Drake was a good friend of John in high school", said Mr. Brown's lawyer, "John actually gave Lonny that key to his robot so it could be protected from Hank Boring. John has full trust of the Drakes, too. In fact, he is the godfather of their only child". "I see", said the judge. "I thought you said you lived with your godparents before you moved into Grandpa's", I muttered to Snooky, who was sitting next to me. "I meant my godmother and her husband", Snooky muttered back.

        "Mr. Drake", called the judge, "why do you want Lonny and Maria Drake's treasure, one of the only keys to the Timid?" 

        "I was only selected to come 'ere", responded Grandpa Shanks.  "Would the Drakes trust you with this particular treasure?" asked the judge. "Shanks is Lonny's father", said Grandpa Shanks's lawyer, "Of course the Drakes would trust him with their treasure". 

        "Mrs. Greed", called the judge, "why do you want Lonny and Maria Drake's treasure, one of the only keys to the Timid?" 

        "So I can sell whatever that thing is to probably this 'Boring' person for big bucks", respond Ashely Greed, Snooky's godmother. "Would the Drakes trust you with this particular treasure?" asked the judge. "Ashely was apparently Maria's best friend", said Ashely Greed's lawyer, "but I doubt she would want her to sell this key to Hank Boring if that person really wants the key". 

        Ashely had a fit on her lawyer. "SILENCE", yelled the judge as he hit his gavel. "THE TREASURE GOES TO JOHN BROWN!" 

        As we walked out of the courthouse, I wasn't thinking of how dissapointed Snooky and Shanks were because Shanks didn't get the treasure, I was wondering if Mr. Boring was really Mr. Brown's brother, why I never knew Mr. Brown was friends with Lonny until now, and what exactly the Timid was. I'm in the middle of middle school, and there's a mystery to solve.