Chapter 1

Timeskip 2 years

Y/n pov

It had been two years since Jet found me and I began my training.  It was brutal, but then again, how many seven year olds can kill monsters?  I was busy punching a tree when I heard a scream come from deep in the woods.  I had to help.  Without hesitation or even a thought, I took off towards the source of the scream.

I ran as fast as my slightly less little legs could carry me, which was faster now.  Eventually, I reached the source of the noise.  I immediately took in the sight.  Before me was a Beowolf growling at a girl.  The girl was my age and had cute blond pigtails and pretty lilac eyes.  She stood between it and a little red wagon with something inside.  The contents of the wagon must have been important enough to the girl for her to defend it from a Grimm, even if she was only standing in front of it.

The Beowolf moved closer to the girl and my body reacted on its own.  I picked up a rock and threw it as hard as I could at its head.  The stone impacted with the monsters head with a very audible smack.  It looked and sounded like it hurt quite a bit.  Good.  The monster turned its attention towards me with a snarl and charged.  Uh oh.  I picked up a sharp looking branch and waited for it.

Yang pov

The Beowolf ran at the boy, growling.  I wanted to use this time to run, but it was like my feet were stuck to the ground.  I wanted to look away, but I couldn't.  I wanted to scream, to tell him to run away, but my voice died in my throat.  All I could do was watch as the Grimm went to eat the boy.  Then, it would be back for me and Ruby!

Then, he picked up a broken branch and waited.  Just as the Beowolf was about to get him, he stabbed it in the tummy.  He rolled out of the way as it fell to the ground.  Before it could get up, the boy picked up a big rock and smashed its head in.  As it lay dead and evaporating, he turned to me and spoke.

???: *deep sexy voice* Are you unharmed my lady?

Yang: W...What?

Y/n pov

Y/n: *normal high pitch seven year old voice* I said would you stop starring at me?  It's creepy!

???: Oh!  Sorry.  Thanks for saving us.

Y/n: Yeah, no probl-... wait, "us?"

The girl stepped aside and gestured to the wagon.  I walked over to look inside.  It was a little girl, probably only five years old, and fast asleep.

Y/n: What're you two doing out here?  Don't you know it's dangerous?

???: Well, what are you doing out here if it's so dangerous?

Y/n: I live out here.  And unlike you, I can take care of myself.  C'mon, I'm taking you home before you get eaten.  Where do you live?

???: NO!  I can't go home yet.  I still have to find her.

Y/n: Find who?

???: My mom.

That quickly caught my attention.  I often wonder who my parents were.  I'm not even sure they even existed.  I decided to listen to her.  So I sat on a log and patted the spot next to me as an invitation for her to sit down.  She immediately claims the spot next to me, close enough for our legs and shoulders to touch.

Yang: I guess I should start with our names.  I'm Yang and that's my sister Ruby.

Y/n: *smiles* Nice to meet you Yang, I'm Y/n.

Yang: Anyways, our mom just died.  Well, Ruby's mom, my stepmom.  My mom left, and I wanna know why.  I found a clue to where she is.  I'm gonna go ask her myself.