Velma x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 5: Costumes Stolen/Personal Attacks

Bắt đầu từ đầu

While Patrick leaves, the rest of us just stand there, feeling bad that this had to happen. I mean, Patrick practically worked his butt off with this museum. And now all that hard work is gone. I know I would be pretty upset about it if someone did something like that to me.

With so much that happened, the others and I decided it'd be for the best to just leave and head for those mines, like we had originally planned. When we get in the van, however...

"All Fred Jones had to say was," Heather Jasper-Howe says on the tiny TV in the van.

"I think Coolsville sucks!"

"In light of the city's recent chaos..." Heather Jasper-Howe says, which makes Fred slam his forehead on the steering wheel, not happy with that women making him seem like the biggest jerk on the planet. "Jones' response was disheartening to the many fans who have supported Mystery Inc. over the years. Perhaps it's time for the crime-solving gang to shape up or ship out."

"Okay, I am really starting to not like her," (F/A/N) whispers to me.

"That makes two of us," I whisper back.

I look out the window, and glare at Heather Jasper-Howe, not happy with what she's trying to do. Apparently, I'm not the only one, however.

"I'll be right back," Daphne says, getting out of the van.

(3rd) POV:

Daphne marches up to Heather Jasper-Howe, ready to give her a piece of her mind. "What's with the personal attacks!?"

"Look, I'm a huge fan. It's just my editor--" Heather Jasper-Howe says, obviously making up excuses.

"Who are you kidding?" Daphne questions, not buying Heather Jasper-Howe's excuses.

At this, Heather Jasper-Howe simply smiles, as if she's mocking Daphne, and already has her beat. "Who are you kidding? Don't think I don't know your game. What do you do for the gang? Really? Velma's the smart one. Fred's the leader. All you are is a pretty little face."

"Why are you doing this?" Daphne asks, actually a little hurt buy Heather Jasper Howe's words.

"Because it's my job to unmask those who pretend to be who they're not," she says.

"'Unmask those'?" Daphne asks, making sure that she heard right, remembering those words from what the Evil Masked Figure said when he first made an appearance. "You sound like..."

"Sound like who?" Heather Jasper-Howe asks.

"The evil masked guy," Daphne says. "But you know that, because just as you know I'm standing here, you know that I know who you know you are, which is him, who's a her, which is you."

Even though that came from Daphne, her own words made her confused by what she just said.

"Oh, now I see what you do for the gang. You're in charge of incoherent babbling," she says.

"Mystery Incorporated," they hear a familiar voice say, making everyone look up to see the Evil Masked Figure on top of the museum building. At this, Daphne couldn't help but be shocked and confused. She thought for sure that Heather Jasper-Howe was actually the Evil Masked Figure. "Once again, you are proven useless before my power. Because of you, soon Coolsville...will be mine."

Once the Evil Masked Figure leaves, everyone in the area scrambles around.

"Darn it," Heather Jasper-Howe says, grabbing her bag. "Thanks a lot! The scoop of the night, gone. Can't you do anything right?" she then leaves, to do her job. "Ned, get your camera and follow me."