Daphne x reader (Guy's side) Chapter 2: Ominous Revelation

(Y/N)'s POV:

Not long after that Evil Masked Figure and the Pterodactyl Ghost disappeared, the police arrived, asking any witnesses to figure out what had happened. Some reporters were even doing their job of reporting the incident.

"Any clues to the cause of the attack?" Heather Jasper-Howe asks, wanting to get some answers from the police. "How did the dinosaur get through security? Where did Mystery Inc.'s plan go wrong?"

Even my friends and I get questions asked by the police, since we were among the few people who stayed to witness the incident. There are even questions that me and my friends want answers to. Like, how that thing snuck its way into the museum without anybody noticing, and what that Evil Masked Figure wanted with the two stolen costumes: The Black Knight Ghost and 10,000 Volt Ghost. Velma takes a look near the Pterodactyl Ghost exhibit, and opens a lid.

"A secret hatch! The real Pterodactyl Ghost must have come through here!" Velma exclaims.

Something then catches her attention.

"What's up, Velma?" I ask.

"A reptilian scale," she says, showing me the said scale. "A most wonderful clue."

"He stole two costumes," Sam says, making the rest of us turn our attention towards him. "The Black Knight Ghost and The 10,000 Volt Ghost."

"What the heck would a creepy masked dude and a dinosaur want with costumes?" Dean asks, which is the question I'm sure we're all thinking of.

"The one thing we all want the answer to," (F/A/N) says.

"Fred, (Y/N), Daphne. Could you answer a few questions for the press?" Heather Jasper-Howe asks.

Before Fred can even say yes, I grab his shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. "Uh, Fred? I don't think that's such a good idea," I say in a hush whisper, making sure that the press can't hear me.

"(Y/N)'s right. We always face the press after we've unmasked the creeps. We looked ridiculous back there," Daphne says.

"Don't worry about it, you two. The press loves us," Fred says.

I let out a sigh, hoping that Fred knows what he's doing. The next day, the gang and I sit in the living room (I think that's what it is), to watch the news, while Sam and Dean wash the dishes we all used for breakfast, since it's their turn to be on this morning's kitchen duty.

"The higher the pedestal, the harder the fall. And Mystery Inc. fell far..." Heather Jasper-Howe says on the TV, from last night's interview. "...In the embarrassing debacle that tarnished the reputation of the once-great gang. It was an utter disaster as two of the gang's key members, Norville 'Shaggy' Rogers and Scoobert 'Scooby-Doo', are seen here, causing untold damage to Coolsville's hottest new tourist attraction, which took a whole two years to complete," the TV shows what happened last night, when Shaggy and Scooby were dragged throughout the exhibit from the Pterodactyl Ghost, because they were tied together by some rope. And in all honesty, Heather Jasper-Howe's words is not helping, especially since we already feel bad enough as it is for not doing a better job on catching the Pterodactyl Ghost last night, let alone preventing it from getting away with the two stolen costumes. "When asked for comment, Fred Jones, leader of Mystery Incorporated, had this to say..."

"Little old Coolsville can solve its problems without us."

"I didn't say that!" Fred quickly exclaims. Having just about enough of this, I stand up from my seat, and walk up to the TV. "I mean...I did, but that's out of context!"